Omg... went to a singles night

Went to a singles night!

I was absolutely terrified on my way there...but it was good!

I met a few interesting people who I am going to stay in contact with. One guy even asked for my number and I gave it to him. I am not sure about him being "boyfriend" material because I am not ready for a relationship anyway but he was the best looking one there I thought and I was happy with my snagging of him. I also met someone who is involved in a band and we might hook up musically sometime.

It was a very strange experience overall but it was nice to know there are nice people out there who go to these nights who I can have a conversation with.

I am feeling just a bit bewildered by the fact that I had a nice time now and adjusting to the fact that I just experienced a singles night so we shall see how I feel tomorrow, but I think it was a good move. The guy I gave my number to is new in town and so am I so I think that's why he was there. He seems a little too "normal" or something though. But it's hard to judge after just one meeting. It is really cool doing things on your own. I gotta say. I enjoyed that.

It was just in a pub, pub times you know? No food, no music. It was terrifying at first I gotta say! And there was a large portion of crazy looking people but it just means when you find a sane person you cling to each other for dear life which can be funny. I literally walked in and saw this guy in the crowd and though he was the best one there by far, he had a little crowd of girls and I had my little crowd of guys and slowly we managed to reach each other lol. We probably have like NOTHING in common. He doesn't sound like he's into the arts anywhere near as much as me but we managed to get on well regardless. I think we can be friends if anything. Sadly though...he has the same name as my ex... !

I agree Lucha. I don't even know how to respond to his texts at the moment anyway, he's talking about cereal...young boys!

I think it's a wise thing to remain friends at the moment though so I will not start a "texting thing" with him.

Also, you start to do this thing when you're newly single or not over someone where you're just trying to replace the person so you consider people you might not otherwise do. I want to meet lots of people before I start to choose. I don't want to settle again. Settling has not worked out for me in the past at all!

But he seems fun and friendly so that's nice. My ex hated social situations and would just smile at people and then be asking me to leave or just finding a way out. Absolutely hated parties or anything like that. Especially hated me being at a party.

Anyway. Yes...must sort life out first....

Archived