I Wrote my ex an email. We haven't spoken for almost a year since he ended things. He moved away shortly after the breakup. I miss him and wrote him a short note to see how he is doing. Took him 3 weeks to respond. It was a rather long email telling me how great life is and that I should give him a call sometime. Any ideas of what he can possibly be thinking. This whole time I wondered if he never wanted to have anything to do with me and disliked me. Should I reply back in a phone call or email or text . If so when? He waited 3 weeks...by that time I gave up hope and declared it a failure. I was very upset. Now I'm a bit confused. What is going through his mind right now?

I Wrote my ex an email. We haven't spoken for almost a year since he ended things. He moved away shortly after the breakup. I miss him and wrote him a short note to see how he is doing. Took him 3 weeks to respond. It was a rather long email telling me how great life is and that I should give him a call sometime. Any ideas of what he can possibly be thinking. This whole time I wondered if he never wanted to have anything to do with me and disliked me. Should I reply back in a phone call or email or text . If so when? He waited 3 weeks...by that time I gave up hope and declared it a failure. I was very upset. Now I'm a bit confused. What is going through his mind right now?

Taking 3 weeks to respond doesn't sound like a good sign reconciliation wise. If it is reconciliation that you are seeking then do not get your hopes up. Given how long he took to respond, I would interpret his reply as an 'I am willing to have a casual friendship with you if you are up for it' type of thing.

If you feel like you should reply, I think a "glad your doing well" type of email. He may have opened the door by saying to call but that could have just been being polite. 3 weeks is long, and he probably felt it best to reply but I don't think it means much more than that.

Archived