Just don't get the ex at all...

Juha

My birthday was Friday. She sent me a text about a game we used to play by text, this was in response to a reference about it. Even though she is not really playing the game, just a half assed thing.

Saturday I respond with a one line answer joking and telling her she seems to be out of practice.

she tells me she will work on it and I didn't want to bother you but I hope you had a happy birthday.

Just don't get her now. Did not want to bother me on my birthday but tells me hope yo had a happy birthday..

This girl is messed up...

the beauty of being the "ex's ex" is... not having to deal with them! seriously though, she was probably just being nice, nothing to read into at all. You don't need to worry yourself about how she is or why she's doing the things she's doing. Let her be with how and what she's about and enjoy your birthday! Happy birthday!

She probably didn't want to contact you on your birthday because she was afraid it might upset you to hear from her, and that would be a dark note on your special day.

She probably also didn't want you to read into anything -- "she contacted me on my birthday, does this mean she still cares and wants to get back together?"

Reading between the lines, it sort of sounds like YOU are the one initiating the contact here and that she's just responding and trying to be nice without leading you on. Why are you still contacting your ex?

Archived