I just feel so horrible..

I'm just so heartbroken.

I can't believe she married another man after knowing him for three months.

I can't believe that five months ago I was planning for it to be ME.

I feel so abandoned after two and a half years and she just seems perfectly happy...

Amazing how he can swoop in and be "the one"

I know how that goes man.... I had the same thing happen to me. 3 years together... She met him on vacation and left me instantly moved with him and married him all within a matter of months..... Just a big kick in the gut. Like they faked loving you the whole time. Or your just a stepping stone. Its a rough way to go out. It happens though. Sorry it happened to you. But rest assured, you are one of many that have been burned in that manner ...

Stay strong and rise above it. You can get there. Best wishes for you in all this.

I know how that goes man.... I had the same thing happen to me. 3 years together... She met him on vacation and left me instantly moved with him and married him all within a matter of months..... Just a big kick in the gut. Like they faked loving you the whole time. Or your just a stepping stone. Its a rough way to go out. It happens though. Sorry it happened to you. But rest assured, you are one of many that have been burned in that manner ...

Stay strong and rise above it. You can get there. Best wishes for you in all this.

Yeah it is definitely a kick in the gut. How did you get through it?

Well she claimed as much. Says he is her soulmate. She's also 18 so I don't know. I'm very confused and feel just like I did four months ago when we broke up. Thank you for responding though.

Wow mate, she is 18. She got married after 3 months with the new guy? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. There is NO WAY you can tell someone is your soulmate that early. It's very immature, a little naive even! It is possible that this new relationship she has will work out, but it is also possible she will be divorced within a year. Consider the odds to be fifty-fifty. It sucks that this had to happen to you, but at least now you can find your very own soulmate. And that is definitely not this girl who abandoned you only to marry a stranger after only 3 months. Hang in there.

How did I get through it..... In all honesty... I drank heavily had lots of one night stands and slept with a lot of married/slash taken women..... I ran myself into the ground.... Mentally, emotionally, financially and sexually.... For almost 2 years..... And I will tell you THAT IS NOT THE ROAD YOU NEVER WANT TO TRAVEL!!!!

Since then I have lived more positive. Stopped all dating and sleeping around. Save money, workout, read a lot of books and go further in my career.... I'm more at peace now with everything and myself. I live for me and have learned that all I need in life is myself and a desire to live happy.

Wow, the pain you are feeling must be ridiculous. But I see this as the silver lining for you in 2 diff ways:

If he is her true love, then be glad she found him before you guys got married.

If he turns out to not be her true love, then be glad you got rid of such an unstable mess.

It is a silver lining, but it's just hard for me to see that when I'm in so much pain.

We broke up on September 18th and they got married on December 5th. I went no contact on October 14th, but we happen to have a few hundred mutual friends that were all very shocked, and I guess could not resist the temptation to want to know what is going on with her.

I heard the news and it just sent me right back to day one. But I didn't show my pain to her. I sent her a message of congratulations, and said I was happy that he makes her happy. Which, if he does, then I am happy.

I am legitimately wanting to move on, but I just feel so down in the dumps and completely abandoned, especially now that I know she was nothing but a liar.

It is a silver lining, but it's just hard for me to see that when I'm in so much pain.

We broke up on September 18th and they got married on December 5th. I went no contact on October 14th, but we happen to have a few hundred mutual friends that were all very shocked, and I guess could not resist the temptation to want to know what is going on with her.

I heard the news and it just sent me right back to day one. But I didn't show my pain to her. I sent her a message of congratulations, and said I was happy that he makes her happy. Which, if he does, then I am happy.

I am legitimately wanting to move on, but I just feel so down in the dumps and completely abandoned, especially now that I know she was nothing but a liar.

It will take some more time to feel better for sure.

She is 18 and she married a guy after 3 months of knowing him?

I think that's very immature.

Try to focus in you and your heart. I can't help you very much because I couldn't move on yet after 3 months of being dumped.

Just think that you deserve better than someone that leaves you and jump into another relationship like that. Try to get her completely out of your life so you don't have to know any news from her life.

I hope time will heal us.

You're not alone in this.

I'm just so heartbroken.

I can't believe she married another man after knowing him for three months.

You see the main issue here is. You are taking this as a reflection on you. You have nothing to do with this.

I can't believe that five months ago I was planning for it to be ME.

Tough break my friend. However this is life.

I feel so abandoned after two and a half years and she just seems perfectly happy...

Seems is a great word. The people who use it to describe others forget its actual meaning. She may not actually be happy. She may be dealing with things as best she can. Basically we dont know what's going on in her head. What we do know is that your relationship is over.

Amazing how he can swoop in and be "the one"

He "seems" to be the one. Again this is not a reflection in you. All you know is your relationship is finished. After that it's just speculation.

By focusing on YOUR life, and YOUR future.

Figuring it out, if that were even possible, does nothing to change it. So it is a complete waste of time, energy and thought.

Get out and enjoy the holidays. Make the holiday special for someone --- a parent, grandparent, niece or nephew.

That's what I will try to do and I will definitely not check up on her. I've told everyone I can think of not to talk to me about her.

I just find it odd that this new relationship basically picked up right where ours left off. Very strange.

Did you notice how your first sentence was present and future.

And the second one was looking back. Again.

Stop it.!!

Archived