Younger guy. Older girl

It's okay. I personally don't prefer to. One of my friends is dating a guy who's 2 years younger than her. She's fine with it. But, I think that she could do better! I think that once we hit a certain age, say...around 27-30, men and women even out at their maturity level. By then, maybe it's not so awkward. I bond more with older guys. The youngest guy that I dated, was 2 years older than me. He was 23 at that time. Even then, I felt as though we didn't completely bond. He still had a lot to learn. So, age only matters, only if you feel as though there isn't a connection for some reason.

Well, in the traditional sense the man is usualy 2 years older, however what is traditional and what works sometimes arn't one and the same. It really depends largly on the individual maturity of both of you, and as long as one of you isnt underaged I dont see a problem with this.

A lot if depends on your ages.

My husband is 11 years younger than me. We met when he was 26 and I was 37. That's no big deal.

However, if we would have met when I was 26 and he was 15, that's an entirely different scenario.

If you're both in your 20's or older, 2 or 3 years isn't much.

I think it might be a bit too much if one of you is still in high school and the other is in college or in the working world. Also might be a bit much if one of you is in high school and the other is still in junior high.

AGE DOES NOT MATTER, PERIOD!! Any time I hear a girl talking about how they wont date younger guys because they are immature, I really begin to believe that the girls are the ones that are immature..i mean really, how immature do you have to be to believe in some stereotype that younger guys are immature, any mature person knows that the answer to the maturity question lies on a person to person basis. You cannot just make some sweeping judgement of a group of people, we all know what that does...so in conclusion i think both groups are equally immature at every age...my two cents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont see nothing wrong wit that.

I dont know how people can judge someone by their age, i was seeing a 21 year old girl once, i just turnt 17. everyone thought it was out of order (dont see how it was hurting them) and in the end we ended up splitting up over it, still good mates now though.

• 3 weeks later...

because it is the type of reltationship that i am in. my boyfriend is 16 years old. sometimes i feel like i may be holding him back from dating a crapload of girls but he tells me that it's only cause i never settled whilst in high school i was always flouncing around and not everyone is like that. he is happy with me but i still feel like i should let him go. like the country song. i know they say when you love somebody you should set them free but it sure is hard to do it sure is hard...

but then again. i am not forcing him or guilting him into staying with me so that has to count for something right?

by the way. i am 18

• 2 weeks later...

It is totally normal if men date older women. I have friends in my college who are female and are older, and some, to be honest, like me. I look at recent replies, particularly from the older peoples ones, and I have to agree - If you were to be in the teen stages, then 1-2 years isn't a problem, but if it's a big difference (5-10+ years), then maybe it is a problem for others. On the other hand, if you were to be 21+, then age gaps may not be such a problem.

All I'm saying is - I don't see any problem for younger men to date older women. Personally, being 16, I wouldn't want to go out with a woman that's 20 or 21+. I don't mind 17 or 18 (they're both teens). It's up to you how you feel.