What does this response mean?

Merebear

I texted my F-buddy,if any of you are familiar with my post you know who I'm talking about.

Anyway I texted him Do you ever wish things were different?

I thought he would understand what I meant was between me and him, and this is his exact response:

I used to...but now, if I want for things to be different, I make it work...

Of course, there are things that are really hard to change. Then, we need to adapt...

What does this response mean exactly?

I think he is so far off the radar of caring what you want or need that he completely missed the connotation of it referring to your 'relationship' or lack thereof.

Look, I read your other posts and the most important thing you ever need to learn in life is the opinion you have of yourself is all that matters and colors every aspect of how you live. Accept the fact that you are worth more than this. Period.

And just to clarify: he is NOT a good person. Don't fool yourself.

He is telling you.... I dont like you enough to make the effort to be in a proper loving relationsip with you so I just **** you instead.

As hard as it is, and however much you feel for him, you really dont have much choice but to end it before he finds someone he DOES like enough to make it work and dumps you.

Sounds as though he thought you were talking about life in general, so that's where he went.

That, or he knew what you meant and chose deliberately NOT to go there.

Either way, you're not dealing with someone who's willing to relate to you emotionally, and he's holding true to f-buddy status.

It's up to you whether that's good enough for you. It doesn't sound like a healthy place for you to be, and I hope you'll consider this carefully.

I texted my F-buddy,if any of you are familiar with my post you know who I'm talking about.

Anyway I texted him Do you ever wish things were different?

I thought he would understand what I meant was between me and him, and this is his exact response:

I used to...but now, if I want for things to be different, I make it work...

Of course, there are things that are really hard to change. Then, we need to adapt...

What does this response mean exactly?

First of all, he is not an F-buddy, he is cheating man with a live-in girlfriend and he treats you like you are his booty call. The most you ever got from him was a Starbucks coffee right?

Please stop sending him text messages like that. It is nothing more than a thinly disguised attempt at getting him to say something that can be used make you think he actually cares. He doesn't. His response means he has no desire to change things, you have to adapt to his wishes of keeping you on the side permanently.

What does this guy have to do to make you realize there is no future here for you? He manipulated you into this arrangement and you seem powerless to break free.

Archived