Help!!advice for the most awkward situation

Ok well...to start off I don't know how many people here believe in love at first sight. But theres this one girl that I have really deeply fallen in love with. From the day our eyes met I knew she was something to me. And for 6months all we could do is share eye contact. This wouldn't last for 1 to 3 seconds because I would always look away. But she seemed very interested in me. I mean, almost everything I did she would do the same. If I chose not to eat something in the class she wouldn't eat either and she always read the same books as I did. But the only problem was that we could never talk to each other never even say "hi" and so one day she made a move and came and sat by me. She tried to strike a conversation, but I could just not keep it going because my mind was so blank. This was also pretty weird because like a few days before she told one of her friends that she didnt want to come and sit in the seat next to him (which was the seat next to me) and for him to move over a seat. so she could sit on the opposite side of him. This kinda upset me, but I figured I wouldnt want to come and sit by her either because I was so damn shy. Anyways, she frequently came and sat next to me, but still I could find nothing to keep a conversation going. Until, Valentines day I told her how much she meant to me. I told her that she was beautiful in French. She just said "thankyou" and stared at me for the rest of the day. So the next few weeks went by pretty boring and I decided that maybe I should tell her how I really feel. I felt as though we connected in that way and she seemed really interested in me so I told her that I "Loved her" for most people this would be most likely very difficult to say, but I felt very attracted to his girl in this way. Anyways she seemed fine with it...She even always put the card I gave her on her desk each day. And so still nothing happened for the next few weeks. I decided to give her a ring and some music and she took them...But still there was nothing but eye contact...but now she no longer came and sat by me. Then I asked (through letters we only talked through letters even until the end of the year, we never could talk to each other) her if she would meet me one day to talk...She said yes and so the day we met we talked, but not about very much...I thought I bored the hell out of her. Anyways, I finally got her e-mail address from her and she seemed willing to give it to me. We started talking frequently over the net about a bunch of stuff and things were going really good. But then she didnt respond for a couple days and I got upset. So I wrote her a letter and told her if she wasn't interested or had another boyfriend that I wouldnt bother her. Then there was complete silence and I thought I screwed up everything...I started writing her letters telling her how regretful I was and that I would never say i wouldnt write her again. Finally one day she responded and told me there was nothing wrong with what I said...It was just she was trying to start something with someone else at the moment...and just wanted to be my friend...I told her that it was fine and that I would love to be even a friend. So after giving her another braclet to make up for my stupidity in telling her I wouldnt talk to her anymore (which i really didnt mean). She seemed fine...I even saw her with this other guy which really pissed me off because I thought that we were going so good. Then she never talk to me much anymore. One day she wrote me after I gave her the braclet and told me she couldnt accept it because she was not going to lead me on with him and that she would feel obligated. I was getting depressed, I just didnt understand..Then she would never even talk to me again as a friend. I kept telling her how muhc she means to me and that I love her...and I would care to be just a friend...but still nothing...And then one day she gave me a letter after I asked her to come sit by me again...And she told me that I didnt need to be around her for a couple days and that she didnt want me to take it the wrong way. Well a couple of days turned into weeks and I was getting very depressed..I had really fallen deeply in love with this girl..And now I don't understand...I dont even know if she loves me too...I asked her but she doesnt respond...And now the other boyfriend doesnt even hang around her. I even asked her if she wanted me to stop bothering her...but she didnt respond...I'm so lost...I asked her to call me or for her to give me her number...today which is the end of the year, but I don't think she is going to call me...I'm really confused and she told me a long time ago when we was talking good that she was confused about all this also...She now seems to avoid me...And I told her to please not let me suffer all summer long without knowing anything...I love her and I don't know where to go from here help!!

Forget about her for the summer. It seems you have done everything to let her know how you feel. Doing more now would just be annoying and pointless. I don't give jewelry to a girl until we are already going out...maybe you came on too strong.

Let her figure out what she wants. Also I doubt you love her, it sounds like you are Infatuated(sp?) Anyways, if it was ment to be, she will contact you...you gave her enough ways to. Good luck!

first off i think that Zeroskater69 is a huge dumba*s.

second, you've tried, that's the important thing... i'm a girl and i know that if i were that girl i would give anything to go out with you... you seem really sweet, 'specialy if you're giving her jelwery. most guys are not like that (none at my highshool, but we only have 9th & 10th graders this year, im in 9th) so yeah... i know that's not very helpfull, but i'm trying. Ambie

You seem like a really great guy, but almost too great. i was watching t.v. the other day and there was a show about guys with backbones. while we want our men to be charming, sweet and sweep us off of our feet. we need to know that he can stand on his own two. i think you just fell in love with the idea of her, not her exactly. you two hardly even spoke, there's no way you can be in love with her - her looks maybe, but not her. she doesn't seem worth your time. you've done enough and if she appreciated it you would know by now. forget her, grow a backbone (but don't lose that sweet way about you) and you'll be fine.