I think my friend is interested, but I'm not sure what to do

stayClimbing

Hello, I'm a 23m. I've been friends with this really beautiful girl for a number of years. She's the same age, 23. She moved away for a bit but we stayed in contact. She's back now which is great all around.

Well today we are out, me her and a bunch of friends. She's a very cute girl so people are kicking it to her left and right but I always caught her looking at me and she kept saying things to me about going somewhere and doing this or doing that. Anyways, I didn't read too much into it. Actually what happened was a few nights ago I was leaving a mutual hangout and she was like "Hey av4nt, I like you. I like you like a lot" and I just replied (total shock here) "Hey yeah I like you too!" and just went home. Today was the first time I've seen her since then and to me anyway it looked like she was into me.

I really don't know what to do or how to approach this situation. I've literally never dated a girl I've "been" friends with, I don't even know how to bring this up. I suggested an activity for us to do in the very near future and she was very receptive to that. Today we both went back to her place, sadly we were accompanied by some friends who pretty much stayed around us the whole time and kind of made it hard for us to do anything.

What do you guys suggest I do? Most of my cluelessness is perpetuated by a fear of me ruining our friendship and subsequent relationships with our mutual friends.

there could be a chance to possibly ruin the friendship if she never said anything about liking you, but she did and you are not responding in the way she probably was expecting, more waiting from your side to figure out what to do and someone else may come and take it all from you. don`t waste more time thinking about the bad things that could happen, but think about the great things that will happen if you talk to her and tell her how you feel. take her out and tell her your like her and you want to be in a relationship with her

there could be a chance to possibly ruin the friendship if she never said anything about liking you, but she did and you are not responding in the way she probably was expecting, more waiting from your side to figure out what to do and someone else may come and take it all from you. don`t waste more time thinking about the bad things that could happen, but think about the great things that will happen if you talk to her and tell her how you feel. take her out and tell her your like her and you want to be in a relationship with her

I asked her to go rock climbing. She was very receptive but I told her that a guy friend wanted to come. I'll tell the guy friend that we'll have to postpone for a week and take her tomorrow instead. That's the only action I can think of right now. Is that good? And on the drive back (I will be driving us there and back, it's about an hour away) I'll talk to her about this. Just ask her about what she said? Or what do you think. This is what I'm confused about.

tell her that you told the guy not to come because you wanted to hang out with just her.

take her rock climbing. read the signals. if she's flirting and making lots of eye contact then rest assured- she likes you!! i mean she's told you that anyway so its up to you now. i don't think you should ask her more about 'what she said. after the date ask her would she like to go on a date with you? use the word 'date' so that its clear what you mean. i know its hard but its just part of life , esp as a man , and you just gotta do it!

Archived