Is it acceptable to make plans like this for a date?

starrynightz45

I've been on 4 dates so far with this guy. Last week, on a Tues, he told me he was really bored. So I suggested that we go out and do something. He said "actually I'm in the middle of making diner and haven't showered, and I was thinking we'd do something on Friday/Sat instead." So I said sure. Friday night came and he hadn't said anything, so I finally asked him. He said "Oh..umm..well are you doing anything tmrw?"

Since he didn't really seem to remember/care, I got annoyed and just told him I had other plans. He called the next day, and said we'd make plans for Tuesday and/or the weekend. We went out on Tuesday and during the date he asked if I might want to see a movie on the weekend. I said sure. He said that he would let me know if we were going out for sure on Saturday later this week.

Tonight, Thursday, he texted me and said he would let me know tomororw if we are going out on Saturday. My problem is, that I know he doesn't have prior plans/anyhting else to do Saturday. We are out of college for the summer, and he works only 2 days out of the week. So, assuming he chooses to tell me we're not going out on Saturday - doesn't this just show that he's not really as excited to see me as I am to see him? I mean, other than him just deciding that he'd rather do something else, I can't see any other explanation for why he WOULDN'T want to go out with me on Saturday.

Any ideas?

Also, we text/talk every single day. We both initiate almost equally, and if anything he initiates and tries to continue conversations on more than I do. He's been great on the dates we've been on so far, but I've had a few issues with him with his text communication style. Now, this is bothering me bevause I feel like I'm plan B

IGNORE IGNORE! You deserve someone who is MAD about you - there is nothing will grind away your self-esteem like this sort of apathy. It's NO reflection on you...it's just [insert name of popular book, film and all-round cultural meme here].

Seems to be a casual kind of guy. Nothing wrong with that. You're only 4 dates in, what's the big deal?

Are you trying to get this guy to commit to plans well in advance? He may not like that. I personally hate planning a week + in advance, and prefer things to be more spontaneous.

Yes dear this guy isn't that into you. I don't care if you've been on 4 dates or 40 dates if a guy wanted to see you then he wouldn't be asking you to wait until the last darn minute to tell you that yes you are going to get together. You know what you should be doing when he says that? Making other plans. Maybe he is the casual sort that isn't looking for anything serious and it is true there is nothing wrong with that, but it clearly doesn't work for you. If you want the kind of guy who makes plans ahead of time because he's excited to see you and wants something committed then this guy isn't it.

Archived