She's not missing me is she...?

Ok,

I've been quite strong since the girl I love left me after 8 years together. We loved each other and it was a sad break up, not angry or anything. We hadnt been arguing or the such, she just said one day that she didn't feel about me the way she used to.

I know I had some personal problems which probably didn't help, but I've become a totally different person since then, physically and mentally.

We broke up 3 days b4 Xmas, and the only thing I've heard from her since was a happy birthday text (in Feb).

After 8 years she just disapeared from my life like that. I did what we're supposed to do - didn't try and win her back, didn't try to contact her etc, I guess I must have been really awful if she can just vanish from my life like that after all the years we had together....

I guess you'll all say I should have moved on by now, but it still hurts so much, not just the fact that i still love her so much, but the fact I feel that I should have been a better boyfriend and do so many things differently (God, don't we all say those things though...) but maybe I meant really little to her, and that is the biggest pain of all...

God, i miss her so much, but wherever she is, I hope she's truly happy now and maybe once in a while she'll think of me, I hope she forgives me for the times when I wasn't the man I should have been....

'Anytime' by Brian McKnight

I can't remember why we fell apart

From something that was so meant to be, yeah

Forever was the promise in our hearts

Now, more and more I wonder where you are

[Chorus]

Do I ever cross your mind, anytime

Do you ever wake up reaching out for me

Do I ever cross your mind anytime

I miss you

Still have your picture in a frame

Hear your footsteps down the hall

I swear I hear your voice, driving me insane

How I wish that you would call

To say

I miss you

I miss you

I miss you

(No more) loneliness and heartache

(No more) crying myself to sleep

(Don't want no more) wondering about tomorrow

Won't you come back to me

Come back to me, oh

I am going through sort of the same thing you are mjones, don't be afraid! My breakup story is located in an earlier post but my g/f of 4 years is gone and I am trying not to call, but she never calls or writes, or (what I believe) thinks about me. I don't know how they can do that. That is turn away from a relationship and forget that easily while we have such a hard time. I spend my times trying to get stronger but always have the occasional hour long cry session during the day, whihc I also believe helps. It sucks man, being in this position is the worst and it takes a long time to get over as you very well know. I thought I would marry my g/f/ and still have to cope with the fact that (I guess) she is not coming back. It is the hardest thing to deal with, but once you can get that through your head, as hard as it may seem and as many times you don't want to believe yourself, then you are on the road to recovery. Try and put the idea of getting back with her out of your mind and then you will naturally begin to move away from your strong felings and maybe find some new ones for someone else. But allow yourself time to cry and time to heal. 8 years is a long time buddy, you can't fix that overnight, and I don't know how our girls can. All you can hope for is that during the time with her you made some impact on her that she will remember you or think about you in some way. I pray my ex doesen't forget me but who knows. Stay positive as hard as it sounds, allow yourself ample time to heal, then get stronger mentally. I wish I could do what I prescribe too, but its hard. Hope you encounter better days, keep updated.

Hey Bones,

Thanks for your reply man, and for sharing that. Totally relate to what you say bro, there were some good words in there, appreciate it.

Here's to a brighter future and better love for both of us (and everyone else on this forum), our exe's don't know what they're missing!

No problem...thats what this forum is for, talking and healing. Here's one last thought to get you through the day. Focus on making yourself better. Clean up any problems, work out, run, be successful. This will make you mentally tougher and put you in the best position for success, whether it is her seeing you and not believing what she did or someone else noticing.

Also, if you're having problems trying not to talk to her, start a journal or some other activity. Whenever I think about calling my ex and just telling her evrything that I feel (again) and crying, I sit down and write in a journal or even write a letter to her (but of course keep that letter to myself.) Good luck bro, people are here to help.

"Distance to love is like wind to fire; it extinguishes the meaningless and strenghtens the great ones."

You also need to realize that you are just being irrational if you think that your ex-girlfriends are not thinking about you just because they aren't calling or writing. They as well as you are just trying to cope with the loss they feel. After such long relationships, it's very hard for both people. So do this: try not to focus on the negative, but try to remember how you are a better more experienced person now than you were before that relationship. She thinks about you all the time and probably cries a lot too; she is just trying to be as strong as she can to get through what is likely a very tough time for her as well. Be strong, I promise it will get better! Don't forget to take care of yourself!

I know this is going to sound a little odd..

But try and get in touch with yourself, f.uck them, you only need yourself. Give yourself time to heal, but don't let past affect your life. (Easy said than done, I know.)

I myself have had that rough path to wonder around on.. But when I started looking around at the world again. It got brighter and better than it has ever been before.

-Boblong

Lol ............Do you realize that YOU CAN NOT FAKE A RELATIOSHIP FOR 8 YEARS.......................................................?

c'mon is't it obviouse that she loves you and you love her.........

but now.......she broke up with her, maybe it was your fault?????

Maybe you didn't pay attention to her like you used to? or gave her less flowers than it was before.......

The reality is probably that she met someone who did all the things that you thought is no longer usefull........(like flowers, candies, movies)

My advice is........do call her, try to get a date with her.......be softer and try to get her back......because lets be real.......u don't fake a relationship for 8 years......c'mon....................

im sick of putting my life on hold and wondering if she really cared about me at all.*** it...love stinks...people will back stab you,,including family and friends...all you have is yourself...you come in alone and you go out alone....no....im not bitter....its just reality...dont give her the satisfaction..