Guys opinion: how do you feel about...

D123R

Personally I might be okay to date one of these girls if it was something she did 10 years ago to pay her way through college, but not if she was still doing it. There are bigger dealbreakers.

Why is everyone acting like this isn't a PROFESSION!!??? I have to take 24 hours of continuing education courses every two years to renew my license...which each course costs HUNDREDS of dollars!!!

This isnt like 'ok...lets get a waitress job' to pay my way thru college. This IS a CAREER...and it is 'giving handjobs' that makes people like you and termus (and other people apparently) think it is NOT!

When we stop expecting massage therapists to give happy endings...and women QUIT giving happy endings....will certainly be a happy day for me. I am excited and PROUD to be a massage therapist...until i read posts like this....grrrr

Sorry Reality, I was talking about girls who give hand relief as part of the massage experience which I believe is what the OP was asking about. An entirely different profession to yours.

Ok...i'll forgive you, but she said she worked at a massage spa that gives happy endings...so i just assumed she was a 'licensed massage therapist'....

Maybe she works at a truckstop 'massage' spa!!! lol

I'll get off my bandwagon now....and lighten up!

If the girl I was dating admitted this to me about her past, I would say, "Why did you tell me that? I did not need to know that. Now that I know that, I am significantly less interested in you. Goodbye."

I don't tell weird, intimate things about my own sordid past in the initial stages of dating, because I know how much it would put a girl off.

I'm pleased to say I wouldn't even know where to find one of those places

sometimes i have to go by some when i go to work in inner city areas...they have been there so long everyone knows what they are..its just everyone just kinda turns their heads to it...

I'd like clarification from the OP...unless she's in hiding....

Wondering the opinion/feelings from all the guys out there...If you were talking to/interested in a girl, how would you feel if she told you she worked at a massage spa that gives happy endings? (to clarify, happy endings are hand jobs, no oral)

Would it be a deal breaker as far as dating her? would it change how you see her?

Yes, no, and why?

Oops, looks like some people got confused...sorry for my lack of clear wording. Reality-- No, I am not certified. I don't go around telling people I am a massage therapist either, because I am not. I would hardly call what I am currently doing a profession. Where I work and why aren't really a part of the post. I was just asking for some causal responses from men. Didn't want it to become a heated discussion or anything. I am simply curious. I am not hoping and praying for approval from anyone, boyfriend or not. If I was, I wouldn't be doing what I am doing.

As far as this place, no it is not a massage spa, i just didn't really know what else to call it and didn't think it would become part of the discussion haha. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Most of my sex worker friends (even then ones who have *gasp* sex with there clients) are in long term committed relationships. And the other 3-4 don't seem to have problems finding people to date if and when they want to date. I think being in a big-ish city helps with that as well as being a part of the sex positive community. Being up front about your work will weed out people who you don't want to date because they have different values. There are a lot of open minded people out there and at least in my personal opinion open minded people are way more fun to date and way more interesting to be emotionally invested in.

Thanks op...i got my clarification...she is NOT a massage therapist...and she does NOT work in a massage spa! Whew....what a relief! lol

She just works as a ...ummm...what are they called? Yeah,,,rosephase said....'sex worker'

Yes, i just didn't want people to keep getting the wrong idea of the PROFESSION i am in.

So....the question is back to (regardless of your job title...lol) would future bf's care if you gave strangers hand jobs....i would imagine MOST WOULD....if they were normal, decent, career-driven men looking for a long lasting relationship. Sorry, maybe i shouldn't have said that, since i'm not living in a sex positive community!

Hey, but my 21 year old boy was dating an 18 yr. old stripper!!!

Maybe it's a generational thing....

Most of my sex worker friends (even then ones who have *gasp* sex with there clients) are in long term committed relationships. And the other 3-4 don't seem to have problems finding people to date if and when they want to date. I think being in a big-ish city helps with that as well as being a part of the sex positive community. Being up front about your work will weed out people who you don't want to date because they have different values. There are a lot of open minded people out there and at least in my personal opinion open minded people are way more fun to date and way more interesting to be emotionally invested in.

Yea, because if you don't like the idea of your girlfriend working another man's penis you are soooo close-minded eyes:

Klokwurk, just for clarification, the situation at hand would be if she did it in the past...i mean, most girls you will meet/get involved with will have given other men oral and had sex with other men before they met you. It may bother you to think of it, but it happens. Now, the situation at hand would be that it was for money. So its not about whether or not your girlfriend has been sexual with other men. Its that she did it for money, correct?

Because if its just purely the sexual act with other men in the past that bothers you, you would have a hard time finding someone you are happy with. And this is not condescending or calling you close minded. I really would like any discussion here to not be offensive to others, whether thats calling them close minded or lacking "morals." Hope everyone can follow that.

I think it's absolutely about the money. Sexual acts for money isn't something most guys would feel good about.

You already know this, right? It's why you're here repeatedly asking for opinions. If this was in the past then the best advice I can give you is keep it to yourself. Lock it up and throw away the key. No one ever needs to be privy to this information.

Yes, I already know it's a taboo subject. Like I said I was simply curious about guy's input on here. But then I got opinions from women (???), and had people starting to disrespect eachother.

I haven't really been on here asking for opinions repeatedly haha. I just asked once. I'm more or less just having a discussion at this point.

So just to be clear, I am not asking for advice at all, ironically on an advice forum...Was mostly just curious about what people would say, and why they feel the way they do. Not really asking for advice here.

Absolutely, this would be a deal breaker for me. My mind runs continuously about stupid things...so to picture my girlfriend performing sexual acts on other men...I couldn't live with it.

I didn't bring up being close minded, I got offended when another poster suggested that someone is more "open-minded" if they were into something I consider akin to free love.

If the girl in question did it in the past, it would be troubling, but it is her own personal stuff, so I would never bring it up if I were the girl.

I never ask about my partner's sexual history for a reason, because thinking about it would bother me.

the guy said she worked, which means in the past, unless he can prove to me he never landed his hands upon a vagina or touched an ass,, then i don`t know why its a big deal.. it is a man thing i guess,, if she stopped before she meet you,, its not the same but kinda like getting made if she slept with her ex`s and touched their penises,, etc.. i don`t thin it will be a big issue for me. Honestly

Archived