I have a question I dated a girl who needed constant attention. For her to be "ideally" happy she would want me to email her everyday thru-out the day telling how wonderful she is. Also open every door for her with a smile none the less. Give her all my attention while out with her in the form of holding hands kissing in public and just keep my focus on her. Why do some girls need so much attention is it low self esteem. Also I notice she is a "serial dater" she can never be alone. What is the psychology of this behavior.

thx

i say insecurity. i dated a guy who was very much like this, needed me to text/call everyday, multiple times, he needed constant constant touching and physical affection as well, and reassurance that i still liked him. it got to the point where he would actually play mind games in order to get that reassurance (and this was still in the early stages of the RS). Turned out he was just really insecure and emotionally immature, low self-esteem and also was a serial dater, he always had to have a girl in his life. your girl might be have these issues too.

I have a question I dated a girl who needed constant attention. For her to be "ideally" happy she would want me to email her everyday thru-out the day telling how wonderful she is. Also open every door for her with a smile none the less. Give her all my attention while out with her in the form of holding hands kissing in public and just keep my focus on her. Why do some girls need so much attention is it low self esteem. Also I notice she is a "serial dater" she can never be alone. What is the psychology of this behavior.

thx

The psychology is be glad you dated her and that you aren't currently dating her.

I have a friend that places these types of demands on the guys she dates and she *is* very insecure. If they are not constantly responding to her texts throughout the day she becomes very mad at them. I see the men getting frustrated and eventually bailing out because she appears too needy. I'm not sure why she uses the backdrop of these gestures to measure how much he is interested in her. It's like she doesn't trust the process.

I agree with the insecurity and low self esteem. Thing of it is, is she is very very pretty. But i guess this plays into to. Wanting to be the center of attention. I remember her saying "I like when you open the door for me because it tells other girls your man doesn't open the door for you well mine does.. ha" I should ran when I heard that. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Archived