i think my boyfriend is using me for money

keeptrying

ive been with my partner for 5 years and he hasnt worked in about 8 months , i completely support us, i make alot of money and it makes him very jelous.. my partner never finished school and he was a baker when he worked so he made a really minimum wage so he quit because his pays felt so insignificant next to mine. he says hes not smart enough to finish school and get a better job.. he completely hates me, he says i dont work hard enough.. im 20 years old and i feel as though i know exactly what i want out of life and i have lots of time to get it..he however is all over the place, hes depressed, hes angry, he tells himself hes a no hoper and hes so addicted to weed, he doesnt believe he can ever earn more money then me..so he says im ripping him off our future for not being the workaholic that he is and getting everything he wants out of life fast enough. that makes no sense right? i just cannot fathom his way of thinking, i earn GOOD money, really really good money and he genuienly belives he shouldnt have to work for anything in his life -he just needs to be with me as if i have the golden ticket and hes my +1.. i dont understand how a 24 year old perfectly healthy male can just decide hes going to live off his girlfriend, just decides that hes not smart enough to make lots of money..he treats my pays as if he worked for it as well, he just thinks because of how much i make he should never have to work ever again and i think thats just a flawed way of thinking. and then he tells me i dont make enough money and i dont work hard enough and im not getting it all fast enough, and i look at the money i make and its just so so so much, and he tells me not good enough, not enough and i think umm thats about 7x your wages as a baker, what the hell is your problem!. i feel like he should have to contribute something to the relationship, its unfair to expect everything out of life and not have to lift a finger to get it..i really dont want to support him anymore, i feel used and like he is ungrateful, hes just given up on life, we dont even sleep in the same bed anymore, we act like worst enemies around eachother and he tells me he hates me all the time and im beginning to hate him for not wanting to make a life for himself and just wanting to live in mine.

A relationship is supposed to be a partnership. You're not complaining about what he made, just his attitude about pulling his weight. He needs therapy and you need to move on.

I am a guy and learned a valuable lesson that you have to realize now! You can't fix those who don't realize they need fixing. You deserve love and true partnership.

I don't let money affect me. I've dated women who've made more and some who made less. There is a healthy balance that you don't enjoy right now.

Move on and encourage him to seek help, but don't hang around while he does or doesn't get it.

Archived