Update @ 4 months

I'm 4 months out. I had a hard few days. I'm studying for exams and the stress (and need to focus) seemed to allow thoughts to drift into my mind. I'm now refocused though and doing my best not to allow me to become overcome.

We were together 4 years and lived together for effectively 2 of those. She didn't love me anymore and went off with the guy who was sniffing about... There'll be a number of you here used to that.

Anyway, back to me, I'm at Uni - in my final year - and I'm genuinely doing better than I would have in the relationship as a person, but my performance academically may have taken a backward step. I've made so many friends, I've organised things for people at my university to bring us together and I've done it selflessly. It feels good.

I do 10 pushups if I start thinking about what could have been. It works for me and I listen to audio books on self confidence and the like at night. I love the feeling of self improvement in all parts of my life. I'm in good shape anyway but I'm far healthier. I cook my own meals and no longer eat the processed basics my ex would eat.

I've got a job interview tomorrow (even though I'm still at uni) they're interested in taking me on, on a day release basis should I be successful. Even if I'm not it's great that I am even being considered as I'm up against fully qualified individuals.

I guess ultimately my drive and determination to be successful pushed her away. She thought I was a bit boring. The way I see it is that if I get a good degree, a good job, my life will be far more fun in the long-term.

I'm 22, my life's ahead of me and I'm doing well. I even have to (and have done already once) communicate with my ex soon regarding the contract on our flat ending and the financial implications it entails. So it's not like this was a clean break but I've handled it with dignity and pride. As much as it hurts, if someone doesn't love you or feel lost without you... well F'em.

The person that left you is still the person with every issue they had before, unhappy in their job, unhappy with their friends, unhappy with their parents, unhappy with their boss etc. Don't assume life's rosey for them cause your out of the picture. Yeah, they may feel better with the new person, the reality is you may feel better with a new person.

Just an update anyway - I'm off to do 10 pushups

Wow. If she thinks you were boring because of your determination and success, she has a screw loose (no offense). She will soon realize how hard it is to find a guy out there with even half the discipline and motivation you possess. I dont know your whole story but I was so appalled at that portion of it that I had to comment lol. Also your pushup tactic is a great idea, think I may steal it

Archived