zingzoom81

Ok you guys will probably think I am crazy but here is some background.

Anyhow, we have been going out and dating and everything has been great. This last weekend I noticed things were a little off. Her general demeanor and attitude toward me was different. I called her out on it and asked her to let me help her out. I know she has been under a lot of stress-( Possibly having to move out, DUI from a couple months ago, child, etc) . She let me know that she really couldn't give the relationship 100% and feels like things were moving kind of fast (hint hint, you guys told me this before!) I did slow down but I still did do nice stuff and romantic surprises. The night before all of this went down she was all over me telling me how happy she was and how great things were going.

Fast forward to now, I took a step back to let her decide what she ultimately wants because she didn't say to break it off. She still has us as relationship on Facebook so I am a bit confused. I told her via text today that I was hoping she was doing well but to find out what point we are at. I let her know that I support her decision what ever path she chooses. No response.....

Advice? Do I just give it more time or cash in and get out while I can? I have some things that are her's as well as some things she has that are mine.....

I think that she was never madly in love with you in the first place ( as you were with her ). You came on too strong right from the beginning and although you talked about it, it may still be the case or the " first impression taint " has already been done. At this point, I think she has decided that she is not that interested to continue and is slowly distancing herself away so that the relationship will end. I am sorry to say this but I think you have some details to go on as to what to do.

Thanks for the response Minx! I think you got it pretty much right...... She was having a fun time and was just happy a guy was treating her the way I was. I know she liked me a lot as she said it to me, but I got the impression on our last conversation that she just can't give me the relationship I want. As for the relationship moving fast, that's a problem I have and I really need to figure out why I do this. I thought I slowed it down after the last thread - I calmed down on the gifts and surprises but I still did try to take her out and have a good time.

The ball is pretty much in her court at this point- I think with her age and how "amazing" I am (her words not mine), she might just not have the guts to really end it, which I would like just for a little closure. I am telling myself to at least give her until the weekend and if I do not hear anything then to let her know that she doesn't respect me enough to give me closure and to just end it.

Archived