Finally heard from my ex

So my ex text me the other day asking if I was still living in a certain area because she wanted to make sure she didn't bump into me.

She was actually pretty nice to me for the first time in ages but was still honest in saying that she still hated me for everything that happened between us.

I think this set me back a bit. That day I was just thinking about her all the time. We text each other for a little bit just telling each other what's been happening in our lives (very briefly) but once she got the answer out of me, she wasn't really interested in talking anymore.

The problem is, I still want to talk. I guess I just interested in what she's been up to but also because I don't have many people to talk to and she's kinda the only person I'm comfortable being open with. I know I shouldn't keep texting her (and I'm not) but I do want to strike up a conversation with her.

Should I just text her one more time and if she doesn't reply just leave it?

That's very confusing. She texts you, but just to make sure she won't run in to you. If she doesn't want to see you or talk to you why is she texting you? Nuts. And you say she was nice to you, but says she still hates you. Nuts again. I'd stay miles and miles (well I guess for you, kilometers and kilometers) away from this woman. She is nuts. Crazy. Don't text her back, in fact if you can, block her from texting you or calling you completely. I'm surprised you don't have many people to talk to. As I understand it there are more than 60 million people in the U.K. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to talk with you and who you would feel comfortable with.

I think perhaps you need to talk to new people.

What? I can't just start talking about the deepest, most poignant aspect of my life to someone I've just met. That would never go down well.

She's not crazy. We've been split up for about 1.5 years. She doesn't want to bump into me because our break-up went very badly - in essence I wouldn't accept her decision an struggled not to keep contacting her (it's actually much worse than i make it sound). She wanted to see if I was still living in a certain area because she was meant to be going there before me but when I moved there and told her, she decided not to go.

She should still hate and I still kinda hate her too for everything that happened between us. Maybe hate is too strong. But I think there is still some care and emotions between us. I don't really care about getting back with her but I would like it if we could be friends again. Which I guess is why i want to just have a chat with her.

This is really confusing...

You don't want to bump into each other but you still talk here and then?

I think you need to let go of this story.

You're not going to start talking about deep things with new people, but you have to start somewhere, develop a friendship with other people.

She can't be the center of your world (even if you were still together), and you're not even in a relationship anymore...

Do you consider going NC with her? Because I think it's the best solution...

18 months and still radioactive, ok seen my share of that but to feel the need to communicate it to you ...Obviously there was some real damage done. Best bet is to do your best to put it all behind you and leave each other alone. Emotions still running high enough after this long for that level of aggression....

Archived