Feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride-need advice

Here's a different one for you: I'm 43, mother of 3. seeing a guy that works alot and lives kind of far away(same city). He doesn't have a car or much money ( I have both) but he's a great friend and lover. He used to call me "baby" and finish the conversation saying i love you. I told me the "I love you" was freaking me out. Now he doesn't say either anymore and I wish he did. If I call him he always calls me back. However he hasn't been initiating the calls lately.

Our relationship is kind of weird because we would only see each other like once a week on his day off and when my kids are in school.

I had not heard from him in a week so I called casually and he said "where have you been?" I said oh, i've been around. He said well you haven't called me. and i said well you haven't called me either!

Then I told him I was going to come kidnap him (so to speak) on Saturday night(we RARELY get together at night) and he said "why, what's going on?" I said I was free so I was coming to get him. he then said he would be in touch, but with no excitement whatsoever.

Now am I supposed to hang in the balance for the next 3 days wondering if I have plans or not? I think he may be interested in a girl at his new job but supposedly she is engaged...

Why doesn't he either show more enthusiasm or dump me?

tired of the roller coaster, but he's just so hot!

please advise. thanks

-- Merged post (SwingFox) ---

Ok, so if I don't hear from him about Saturday night is it over?

I guess I expect him to be either thrilled or break up. Can't deal with the middle road stuff. Is he waiting for a better offer before he plans his evening?

What gives?

Hi Sandie,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am sorry to hear that this guy is confusing you. I understand that it makes you feel being in the middle of the road, riding a rollercoaster.

Could it be possible that you telling him that "I love you" freaked you out, made scare him off a little? Could it be possible that he sees/saw more in you than just being close friends? I have a feeling that there's some miscommunication between the two of you. Now, since you seem to be very close friends, I would suggest you to talk to him about what exactly you feel and what is going on with him. Ask him if he could explain his feelings towards this situation. I hope that this clears up the situation.

I hope that this helps you on your way and I wish you good luck in what you do.

~ SwingFox ~