6 months NC. Ex suddenly texts asking if I sent a gift. What would you do?

Maroon

To my fellow ENAers who are experiencing a situation similar to mine, my unsolicited advice is: Let's maintain a moral high ground, whatever that means to your specific situation.

If our dumpers try to reach out to us, we can choose to reply politely and simply. On the other hand, let's exercise caution and make sure that we do not engage our dumpers unnecessarily. NC is for the sake of our own healing, benefit, and sanity. Just a thought.

Just reply "nope, not me!"

Don't hook into it --- she is already trying to play the "let's make him jealous" card.

Then, ignore all future texts.

If she (the dumper) is trying to make me (the dumpee) jealous, it's a bit sad. I have already respected her decision to break up by giving her space and maintaining NC. There was no need for her to add to the pain by making me jealous.

If she (the dumper) is trying to make me (the dumpee) jealous, it's a bit sad. I have already respected her decision to break up by giving her space and maintaining NC. There was no need for her to add to the pain by making me jealous.

Just don't even think about it. Carry on with NC.

I said earlier in this thread that i didn't believe that it was a game (ie something sinister or cruel).

Whatever the reason, by staying in NC she will follow it up at some point and then you will know the real reason.

Just don't even think about it. Carry on with NC.

I said earlier in this thread that i didn't believe that it was a game (ie something sinister or cruel).

Whatever the reason, by staying in NC she will follow it up at some point and then you will know the real reason.

Thanks Streetbob! Yeah she isn't someone who plays games. I know her to be real and honest.

I guess I will find out sooner or later her motivations for breaking NC. As for me, I'm carrying on with NC...

Very childish if you ask me ! i would coldy respond " nope not me" very lame excuse to break NC..

Thanks mg22. Yeah I did reply, saying it wasn't me who sent the gift. I just wish she didn't break NC just to let me know that someone is sending her gifts. If someone sent her a gift anonymously, I'm quite sure that sender will let her know eventually. Oh well, I'm hoping none of these things happen again.

Archived