Ignore the request from MIL's minions, or text back why we need space?

tattoobunnie

Do I respond to my MIL's minion or do I ignore as per usual?

Background, my Mother in Law is an abusive, unstable woman that has put us through a lot, who instead of getting a job, assumed and expected for me and my hubby to pay for all of her bills including her two large storage units where she is hoarding garbage and nick-nacks she has not used in 12 years, her cell phone, car insurance, car maintainence, etc, even after we just had a wedding, child, and he starting a company...and when she doesn't get wants, she will call his partner, best friend, my office, my folks, brother, repeatedly averaging 20 x in a row leaving 4 minute long messages each time, until we block her number. We have filed three police reports against her for trespassing, to which she fights the cops, who are kind enough to not arrest her after she calls them awful names. She also every few weeks will send 1000 word texts and pages of emails droning on about her past, that he should have been aborted, and all these dumb things even God cannot change.

I haven't spoken to her since September, after she left about 10 threatening messages, and one lengthly one about how our child is a bastard because we didn't marry in a Catholic church.

My question is...she is now getting people to call us for her latest "emergency"...but does not want to leave on message on voicemail or email as to what it is. My hubby got a new phone and number, but still is checking the old phone. Should I text back to the person?... "She uses the term "emergency" to be manipulative. Please stay out of our affairs. Her abusive and unstable behavior is the reason why we need space." Or should I continue to block new numbers and ignore? Two days ago, she called four times in a row from work, when no one was home, expecting that we ourselves have nothing to do, but sit at home. She always says everything is an emergency, just to get a response...my hubby spent 8 months prior eventually caving in each time, and now is sick of it, completely...since it always involves an issue she can easily resolve, but won't, so she can blame him for something, and play victim.

Please keep in mind, I always take into account of people with special needs, or mental issues...but she is so nasty, that she has driven her friends and family away as well. I have an infant to consider, and I am not about to expose him to her until she gets it together. I will not tolerate her abuse towards myself or my husband.

She is ill, no doubt about it. I don't see anything wrong with telling the "new" person what you wrote -- in fact, telling everyone she calls -- have them block her as well.

She is not your responsibility and am glad your husband has finally seen the light.

Archived