does he like me as more than a friend?

ok, here's the deal...i'm a 20 year old female college student, & there's this guy that i really like. we met in class 3 semesters ago - we had the same class & lab together & then we ended up in the same class & lab the semester after that. this 2nd semester is when we really got to know each other. we then planned to be in the same class for this (the 3rd) semester, & he has his schedule planned for all of his classes to be the exact same as mine next semester (4th). we get together & study a lot, & we do get some studying done, but we end up talking & sharing funny stories mostly. at times i think he might like me as more than a friend, but then when he mentions talking to his ex (who he says he doesn't want to get back together with) or something i begin to wonder. he tells me all kinds of things about himself that makes me wonder "why is he telling me this?" i don't know if he's trying to open up to me or just treating me like one of the guys, which i do get from other guys i know. we have a lot of common interests such as music & similar opinions about things. every once in a while i'll ask him if he wants to go out & watch a movie or something, & he normally sounds interested, but then something comes up where he can't go. he has made it a few times though...

i'm really not that experienced with dating & can't read him well & i'm really confused. please help me...tell me signs to look for or something! thank you!

Hi freakazoid,

First of all welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us for seeking advice. I am pleased to hear that you share a great friendship with this guy. I understand that you are wondering if he likes you more than just a friend.

I am sorry to say that I am not sure if any of us will be able to help you. The signs look good, sure, but it's just hard to say. We don't know the guy. If he is interested in you, he might be a little shy to tell you or he just don't know how to tell you. thereforeeeeeee I have two suggestions for you:

1) Do you have friends that you could bring into this and have them tell you what they think, because they will be able to judge the situation in person?

2) Do you feel comfortable asking him out instead of the other way around (as in: him asking you out). After all we live in the year 2003 and I feel that it would be okay for you to ask him out. Just have lunch together, or so.

I hope that these suggestions help you and I wish you good luck in making the right decisions that will work for you.

~ SwingFox ~

Overall, I think he is interested but does not yet know it himself. I have to ask if he is relying on you to help/assist him with understanding his subjects? If that is the case, of course, he is going to occasionally go out with you to protect his interests. If this is the case, he could be using you. If not, he looks at you as at least someone special at this point. Don't push it, or you will end up the loser. The best relationships begin with friendship. Don't ask him to movies. Wait for him to ask you. Don't tell him how you feel or that you are looking for more in a relationship. How long has he been divorced? Statistically, it takes one year to get over every five years in a marriage.

to answer your question Dee Dee, yes he does seem to rely on me a little to help him study, but i also rely on him at times too. however, there has been many times when he knew i could not help him & he still proceded to come over & hang out...oh, & when i said ex, i meant ex-girlfriend not ex-wife ...sorry about not being specific! and thank you all again for all of your help!