Are the "boyfriend/girlfriend" lables important?

Im 17 years old and recently broke up with my girlfriend after a year and a half long distance relatinship. It was kind of a mutual break up because we havent been able to see eachother once a week like we were used to. We would text and talk to eachother everyday and we still do, she crys to me some nights just because it hurts her so much not to be able see me. I asked her "what if i asked u out again" and she said she would want to but she knows shes not ready. And i dont want to force her to be anything she dosent want. But i dont get it, everything is the same between us except for the 2 or 3 days after the break up. We still tell eachother we love eachother and talk all day. She says she dosent want anyone else but me & i feel the same way. But if she dosent want anyone else & everything is still the same then why not make it official and call me ur boyfriend? I see it as if she meets a guy and he tries to talk to her she wont feel guilty by saying shes single but when we were dating she told guys she had a bf. But why go through all that if you say you dont want anybody else?

This is just my opinion....It's important!

I dated someone once that after we broke up came back and wanted to start seeing me again but "without the title"

I didn't even know what it meant, had to look it up online....I wouldn't do it.

Dating without the "title" gives the people in involved in the "friendship" freedom to date/see/sleep with other people without any guilt attached.

In all honesty, your girl doesn't want to be your girlfriend because she intends to be some one else's.

Sad truth....

Someone who says "I don't like to use the terms boyfriend/girlfriend" is either a) wanting to hide you from someone or people and/or b) is seeing other people on the side. If you want a committed relationship, don't settle and go for "no titles". I think the term titles is better than labels.

Archived