Just Making Sure I Ain't Taking a Bad Step

EQIQ

Very simple post.

Me and my gf live about 1 hour away, so I always drive to go see her, because she doesn't have a car. No problems there. Usually we see each other every Saturday, but sometimes just every other Saturday.

This Saturday I feel like playing some soccer and my guy friends are doing something together, and invited me as well. Just a night with the guys, drink some beer play a board game in my friend's basement, no girls involved. I have rejected the past 4-5 times lol.. because busy with gf.

So talking to my gf yesterday I asked her if she had plans for next weekend, not this one, the one after. With the mindset that if she did, then I would say no to the guys, and go see her tomorrow instead. But since she reminded me that we are doing something together next Sunday, I told her that this Saturday I wouldn't be coming by, was gonna spend sometime with the guys. Also would give her some time to do job searching that she needs to, and sometime for us to miss each other.

Well, she didn't make a fuss about it, but I could sense some worry in her. She said... "hmmm... before you used to be more than happy to see me every Saturday". And I said that I still do, but I haven't been with the guys in a while etc..

What do you guys think? Nothing wrong here right? Don't want her thinking that I am getting bored with her or something...

If you don't keep doing things with your friends...slowly they won't invite you to anything anymore, until you only have your girlfriend.

I think seeing your friends once every 4-5 invites is healthy. If your girlfriend has a problem with that, it's her problem. But you should talk to her about it, make sure that she understands that you have other relationships to maintain. Like plants, they need to be watered once in a while, else they will wither.

If you don't want her to think that you're getting bored with her, tell her. Communication is key, never assume what she meant, find out what she meant. Get to the bottom of it before you start wondering about it and over thinking it. The internets can only do so much!

You definitely didn't do anything wrong, but I can see why she would feel crappy that you made plans on the one day you normally see her. She probably thinks you can see your friends any day of the week. Can you not make plans with her on Friday or Sunday this week?

Its harsh scheduling. Fridays don't work for me and Sundays don't really work for either of us...

I feel like going see her though lol.. I would have more fun with her than with the guys... but at the same time I feel like I need to dedicate some time to other aspects of my life... Wish I could do both to be honest.

You need to have a social life outside of your girlfriend man. Seriously one day with the boys isn't going to kill your relationship. She needs to relax and respect the fact that you do have a social life with your friends.

This.

Somethings other things take priority and she needs to be ok with that.

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I just feel bad in a way you know? My old non-confident self making me feel a bit of guilt for leaving her with a boring weekend, while I go have fun. But then again, I feel that this is good, that I need to actively maintain my other interests, and not ditch all of my friends all the time. Plus it will keep her aware of how much better her weekends are when I am around lol...

Well, she didn't make a fuss about it, but I could sense some worry in her. She said... "hmmm... before you used to be more than happy to see me every Saturday". And I said that I still do, but I haven't been with the guys in a while etc..

What do you guys think? Nothing wrong here right? Don't want her thinking that I am getting bored with her or something...

I do not think it helps you to say she is "in the wrong." She loves you and misses you. Just reassure her that you care and miss her and note you want to make sure you get guy time in. No worries.

Archived