Parents scared to see me grow up...please help!

JynX

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 months now. Truthfully this is my best relationship I've ever had. We never fight, I feel true love for him, and things are just great.

What's not so great is my parents. They say he and I see each other too much, which is bull. The only time I get to see him is during school and sometimes on weekends. So now my mom has this theory that we spend too much time together and that I need to be at home with the "family". I havnt seen my boyfriend for a week now and today asked if he could come over. Her reply was "You need to be here at home with me." When i told her I havent seen him in over a week she just acts as if it doesnt matter. It really makes me mad. I feel very happy with him and what she's doing now is hurting me. Even his mom says that my parents are being unfair.

What can I do? Do I talk to my parents? If so, do I need to mention that I'm the only person out of my group of friends who doesnt see her boyfriend during the school week? My friend Britt and her bf see each other every day and their parents are fine with it. I just dont see why mine are being like this. I guess it could be because this is my first real relationship and they're unused to it, but then again they're the ones who supposivly want me to be happy. If thats the case, why not just let my bf and me hang out more than twice a week?

I'd apreciate any advice on this...I really dont know what to do.

Thanks,

JyNx

In a way, you're lucky....too many parents let their kids do whatever they want, and that lack of boundaries results in teen pregnancy, drug use, and doing terribly in school.

Try to compromise with your parents. Explain to them that you understand they are looking out for your best interests, and you would try to never let them down. At the same time, you want to spend a little more time with your boyfriend, and can they compromise a bit? Ask them if it's possible to see him a few times during the week as long as it's at your house, when they are there.