For alll your skeptics!!!!!!!! Getting back together does happen!

links12

Sometimes, and not in all cases but sometimes break ups are for the best and can provide a good break . My ex came back and you know what although i probably should have given it more thought. it doesnt matter, i am with him again woooooo good luck to all in your healing and relationships! so long!

Good one Links, really hope it works out for you.

Even if it doesn't, you'll be welcomed back with sloppy kisses.

Everyone's situation is different, so I won't use the joshparker/ Arnold Schwartznegger type quote "You'll be back".

Anyway Arnie looks uncannily like the ex Governor of California these days.

My ex will definitely not be saying "I'll be back". She makes The Terminator look like Pee-Wee Herman.

She can't be bargained with.. she can't be reasoned with.. she doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she will absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead !

I just went through your other threads.....he broke up with you in February because he couldn't handle the temporary long distance. The long distance was only supposed to be from January to April. Lo and behold April has rolled around and he wants to get back together with you. What a guy! Dumps you when it is long distance (possibly so he can have the freedom to check out other women), comes back to you like clockwork the minute he is going to roll back into town. Real love can handle a 4 month long distance relationship. If I were you I would ask him to get tested for STDs. I wouldn't trust someone who dumped me for the 4 months that he would be long distance.

I simply love all the negativity in this thread. It's all so accurate.

No offence but how would you know its so accurate?

From what you have seen on here? Fom what you have seen in real life? There your own experiences not everyones.

In my case what I have seen in real life is that every LTR I know of has had a break up, and they are all still together. It all depends on the people and the realtionship, we cant generalise!

When I read the title I thought it was a thread on how someone had gotten back with an ex after a long time NC and how now after some months/years together in a new relationship this person wanted to give us hope and more knowledge on the stages, whys, hows, who did what, and so on ...

... and then I found it's about a reconciliation-in-disguise. However, I wish you all the best, of course! After all this pain I can't do anything else than wishing you the best and really not "seeing" you here again. That'll mean you succeeded!

Congrats!

"I just went through your other threads.....he broke up with you in February because he couldn't handle the temporary long distance. The long distance was only supposed to be from January to April. Lo and behold April has rolled around and he wants to get back together with you. What a guy! Dumps you when it is long distance (possibly so he can have the freedom to check out other women), comes back to you like clockwork the minute he is going to roll back into town. Real love can handle a 4 month long distance relationship. If I were you I would ask him to get tested for STDs. I wouldn't trust someone who dumped me for the 4 months that he would be long distance."

If that is true, the OP really has lack of selfrespect.

Maybe the relationship would last, but damn it would suck...

No offence but how would you know its so accurate?

From what you have seen on here? Fom what you have seen in real life? There your own experiences not everyones.

In my case what I have seen in real life is that every LTR I know of has had a break up, and they are all still together. It all depends on the people and the realtionship, we cant generalise!

Haha, that was the exact line my recent ex used on me to convince me to come back to her as she continued to lie and sleep with her ex boyfriend.

I'm fully aware that most LTR's have broken up at least once. But usually those are of the "I hate you!" "No, I HATE YOU!" "Let's break up!" "Fine!!" "Fine!!" [24 hours pass] [intense makeup sex] variety. They're not girls dumping guys or guys dumping girls or either sleeping with other people that are so bad that people are miserable and desperate and so insecure and need so much help coping in life that they turn to online message boards.

This one is clearly of the latter variety. As am I. As are you. Help for people like us doesn't come from supporting how we wish the world was, it comes from being scary-honest and helping them fix the things they did wrong.

No the people I know broke up for months, my mum cheated on my dad several years ago and they are celebrating their 35th wedding aniversary this year. People need to grow without the other person in their lives sometimes.

And also you can see on here that there are many people who posted and still post on here who have had successful reconciliations.

As I said we cant generalise.

I don't think the girl needs to hear negativity otherwise she is going to go back into this relationship thinking it's doomed from the start and it may start affecting their relationship.

If it happens again then it's her mistake. We should just try and be happy that at least someone on here has been able to reconcile. How long for, no one knows? It may be for a week, it could be for life. Hopefully the latter

I don't think the girl needs to hear negativity otherwise she is going to go back into this relationship thinking it's doomed from the start and it may start affecting their relationship.

If it happens again then it's her mistake. We should just try and be happy that at least someone on here has been able to reconcile. How long for, no one knows? It may be for a week, it could be for life. Hopefully the latter

I completely agree. Nobody knows what the future holds, cliche? Its too true!

It is not negativity, it is being realistic. Look at her post...she is so over the moon as if her life depended on this reconciliation...and yet what kind of a man is she reconciling with...a man who dumped her because he couldn't handle a few months long distance..and comes running back to her ONLY when the long distance is over. Not the sign of a very mature and committed man.

Archived