Falling for an engaged woman

clint88

So i work with this girl who is engaged. She's really awesome and we get along very well. We take lunch breaks together and talk about our lives and other stuff. Well I'm starting to fall for her. I like her alot, and she knows this. I haven't made a move on her or told her my feelings, because well she's engaged and I would be afraid that it would put a gap between our friendship. A couple of weeks ago a date ditched me. WHen my co-worker asked how it went, I explained to her and she said "aww I'm sorry, if It was possible I would have gone with you"

Anyway, what's the best way to deal with my feelings?? I'm not gonna look for a new job or anything but I am curious as what i should do about this?

If you have seen The Office, we are somewhat similar to jim and pam, with how great we get along

It's easy to fantasize that you are like Jim and Pam, but that kind of thinking is only going to make this harder on you. She's engaged to someone else. She's chosen her life partner already. It's probably best that you distance yourself from her.

Reduce all contact to the absolute minimum required for you to get your work done. No lunches, sports games, excessive chitchat.

This is not so far from a love affair, so it poorly reflects on you and on her if anything comes of it. If someone breaks off an engagement, it should be because there was something wrong with their fiance(e), not because someone stepped in and wooed a betrothed party.

You don't want to break up someone's relationship so the best thing to do is just understand that she is taken and off-limits. Put the shoe on the other foot: if your fiancee was at her job and a coworker started to develop a crush on her, would you hope that that man showed enough respect to not interfere with your relationship with her that you worked so hard on and are planning a marriage and future together? The best thing to do is nothing. There are other women out there who are single that you can pursue.

You don't want to break up someone's relationship so the best thing to do is just understand that she is taken and off-limits. Put the shoe on the other foot: if your fiancee was at her job and a coworker started to develop a crush on her, would you hope that that man showed enough respect to not interfere with your relationship with her that you worked so hard on and are planning a marriage and future together? The best thing to do is nothing. There are other women out there who are single that you can pursue.

Well said.

Archived