last-name calling

fireside

It sounds like something a coach would do. Maybe he was a coach or was involved in sports, so he does that as a friendly gesture??? That doesn't necessarily mean you are in the friend zone.

Either way I don't see it as red flag of any kind. I know my husband and his friends sometimes call each other by their last names- for some reason guys just do that. My husband....when attempting to emphasize my Italian side in order to feed into a joke, will call me by my maiden last name.

Call him by his last name in return, and see what happens.

Call him by his last name in return, and see what happens.

i do call him by his last name because his name is common and he sits next to guy with the same name. so when i'm passing through i'd call both of them my their last names. the guy i like calls me by my last name now. even though he did start calling me by my first name.

For the two years I knew her before we started dating I called my ex exclusively by her last name...I guess we were technically just friends at that point but we ended up dating for about 4 years eventually.

there is hope. hahaha. I'd like to think he's being flirty with me and that last-name calling is a gesture of endearment.

Archived