I hate being an adult

iwishiknew

How so? Maybe if you can figure out how to live the life you want, you can be happier.

I prefer adulthood myself. I like being in control of what happens or doesn't happen in my life. I never felt like I had that when I was younger.

Given the OP's thread history he likely still doesn't feel in control of his circumstances.

Transitioning into an adult.

Hate it a lot.

$$$$$ runs the world. No $$$$, can't survive.

Wanna get a job that I like, but it's not like it has high pay (although theres the job satisfaction, but sorry, satisfaction does not happen to be able to pay for housing loans / car loans etc)

The only thing good about adulthood is that at least there isn't school anymore, & thus there isn't the need to learn so many subjects that aren't relevant in life hooray

They say Easy childhood, Hard adulthood and I think there's something in that. My father was a very kind man, and would do anything for me, but I think a little tough love would have helped better to set up for early adulthood.

However you still learn to stand on your own 2 feet, and make the life you want, within reason. And my dad was the kindest man I ever met, so thats cool.

Quite a few people I know feel this way, but I don't. Sure there are times when I do miss my carefree days but it doesn't happen often. If I were granted the choice to going back to being a child or to keep living my adult life, I would stay an adult. But my life really isn't stressful at all. In fact, I think I got stressed out more when I was a teenager then I do now. I make good money, I barely have any bills, I just paid off my credit cards completely so I am debt free. On weekends, if I am not working then I go out drinking or I stay in and play video games, watch movies, or TV, and now that it's getting nice out again I will be spending my days hiking. And as soon as I get my car, I can go visit my nephew when I want and see the rest of the family. There is no way I would give all this up to be living at home with no freedom or money just so I can sit around and play games. When in reality I actually do do that, I just have a lot of money now and I don't want to give that up for anything. Even when I get a car I will still have a lot of money.

How so? Maybe if you can figure out how to live the life you want, you can be happier.

I prefer adulthood myself. I like being in control of what happens or doesn't happen in my life. I never felt like I had that when I was younger.

Being poor, not having money, a job, or career is hard to live a good life. Yes, I'm educated but I can't find a job. It has been 4 years since I graduated and still I have not found a job.

• 2 weeks later...

Who said you have to stop being a kid when you "GROW UP"? Go to a toystore. I LOVE TOY STORES!. You can find rather inexpensive things there, I am always broke. However, I still find a way to keep the inner kid happy. I go where the science and biology section is. Occasionaly I will buy a kite then loose it in a tree, I have no skills at kite flying. Novalty items like tentacle mustaches, fake vomit (put it on the bathroom floor and leave it there) fake dog poo (use your imagination), the giant plastic hammer that squeaks when you hit someone on the head with it. BUBBLES, water balloons, funny magnets, remote control race cars, finger paints, marbles, jacks, puzzles, board games, plastic incects/dinosaurs/reptiles. Don't forget to hit the cartoon section of the video store. Animaniacs, Sprited Away, Blood Tea and Red String. What about the Muppets and old Warner Brother cartoons? Go eat some ice cream with sprinkles. Go to a park climb a tree and eat poprocks while drinking a coke. Go feed the ducks. Go rollor skating or skateboarding. Whatever floats your boat. The ONE good thing about being an adult is being able to do whatever it is you want (within reason, like not illeagal) and not having to ask your parents if it is okay. GO PLAY? what are you doing, keeping yourself in your own time out? Dont forget to take your friends!

• 4 months later...

helo iwishiknew.

u r not alone coz i hate being an adult too.

Year by year we r getting older and older and so are our parents.

and without i realized I'm going to graduate this year and after that i have to find a job.

honesly i like being a student than a worker.

maybe for some ppl its fun to be an adult coz they can do whatever they want.

But for me be a kid is so much fun. less responsibility, all we have to do is just playing...eating and sleeping and being pampered with our mom and dad.

Just like u I really hope i can turn back time and live happily with my parents who still young and healthy.

even i had a lot of male friends but my love for them are more than friend but less than lover.

I don't like be involve with serious relationship especially about marry.

If i wanna get marry who's going to take good care and look after my parents? my big bro's married man. and he already has his own family. While my lil bro and sis stiil study.

besides as a human we don't know if our future husband/wife is really care about our parents. maybe he/she's just pretending be a gentleman or kind in front of us.But behind of our back they hate our parent and feel they are burden.

if i could..i wanna live with my mom and dad forever. I wanna take good care of them as much as i can till i die.

I don't mind being spinster as long as i can be a good daughter who really care about my parents more than myself.

sometime i feel i wanna die together with my parents soon so there's no need to think about problem anymore.

I know maybe a lot of ppl will think i'm stupid coz saying all of these. but i don't mind.

I don't want to go back to being a KID, but sometimes I wish I could go back like three years, when I was still in university in my first degree. In the last three years, I made some mistakes, like starting another degree I didn't finish, and I can't find a GOOD job. I left school in 2011 and had to work at a fast food place for the last year to pay off my debt, while living at home. I think my first degree, 18-22 was the ideal time for me because I had some freedom living in a student residence and before the recession hit it was quite easy to find student jobs. The only thing I prefer now about my life is that I have my permanent driver's license. I didn't have it during my first degree. If I can find a good job I will really enjoy being an adult, I think..

Archived