Tanning and Body Grooming For Dance, Baring More Body,Etc

Just wondering if there are women here who for whatever reason bare more of their bodies publicly from time to time than one would with street wear, and what types of grooming you find gives a good result.

My body is okay, not overweight and well-toned, especially for my age. I've begun dance again and will perform in groups from time to time. Mostly it is tribal fusion bellydance which is a mixture of bellydance and lots of other types of dances. They also do a small amount of Burlesque. Thinking that with public performances, I will get a light spray tan. My arms and everyday exposed areas are quite tanned, but my tummy isn't. I've never had a spray tan before so it will be an experiment.

I'll also want to spend more time grooming my slightly neglected hands and feet. Any tips on making and keeping the body bootiful.

What do you like most?

I don't know much about belly dancing, but I know that in Irish step dancing competitions it is a HUGE deal for the female dancers to have their hair curled with curler rollers (they can't use curling irons or they get penalized). Generally, tummies are the toughest part to tan out. However, my friend who does belly dancing has a pale Scot-German complexion and has danced without tanning up.

I think that the spray tan is a good idea if you will be performing on stage, so you can look your normal color and not washed out. I'm a bellydancer too, have a great time!!

I wax everything. Sometimes we do henna before performances, but not always.

I don't know much about belly dancing, but I know that in Irish step dancing competitions it is a HUGE deal for the female dancers to have their hair curled with curler rollers (they can't use curling irons or they get penalized). Generally, tummies are the toughest part to tan out. However, my friend who does belly dancing has a pale Scot-German complexion and has danced without tanning up.

Gosh that reminds me of when we were kids and my Mum used to curl our hair. Bit unfair they are penalised for the curling irons.

I was thinking that for festivals, I will put a fresh orchid in my hair. You can buy them here from the supermarkts or florists most of the time. They are long-lasting and not expensive. I used to have a nice spray for my hair which gave a golden glow to it, but I need to get something new in the way of hair shine.

I know that you can get a type of body stocking for the stomach which would be suitable for night performances, but I'd rather be bare. Yeah, my tummy is way too white.

I think that the spray tan is a good idea if you will be performing on stage, so you can look your normal color and not washed out. I'm a bellydancer too, have a great time!!

I wax everything. Sometimes we do henna before performances, but not always.

Fantastic Annie! Love to exchange pics sometimes - in an IM if you prefer. I've seen these lovely crystals and rhinestones on stretchy bands which are for the hands and feet. Do you know what I mean?

Archived