i just realized i not only lost my boyfriend but my best friend as well.

links12

I guess i never really thought about it because me and my ex were somewhat friends before we started dating exclusively but we werent best friends and i never thought to call him that when we were together because we both had other good friends as well but now its been practically a week since the break up and i realized i lost my best friend. It is the reason i feel so alone and so hurt. He was the one i could talk to about anything and everything, he was there for me and i was there for him. we would tell eachother the randomest details of our day, mostly on the days where we were long distance. I didnt think that he would do this to me, im not naive and this isnt my first relationship but i didnt think that he would end up leaving me like this and moving on like nothing and kicking me out of his life like i am nothing special. This is the reason i don't want to get close to anyone again, i dont want to put up a wall around me but thats what i do when i am hurt and i do hope that someday someone can break that wall down again but i hope it stays down forever after that because losing this person you confided in and you trusted and the person that was there for you all this time, is so hard and leaves this empty void. I am doing my best to keep happy and do things for myself and better myself and move on but the break up is fresh and i cant help but hurt so badly sometimes and feel lonely.

I feel the same way that I feel like I lost my best friend and it hasn't even been a full day! We e-mailed each other constantly at work with interesting news and photos and texted/called everyday, even though I have other friends, it's just not the same. The sense of humor, the affection, the day to day details you'd report to one another because they would get it is now all gone. I know he feels the same way, and it feels like someones died and you're left alone to pick up your life where it left off before you met him, ugh...

exactly, even thought you have other people, its not like you text your chick friends oh i just did this and a smiley face. it was just the silliest things we would text eachother and like oh" i just made a sandwich " and i know it seems insignificant but when its gone it just feels like hell and like you said the humor between eachother was unique and your inside jokes and stuff and no one else knows what the hell you're talking about. i wonder if my ex misses those things and i wish that i knew if he missed me or not but i guess im glad i decided to go cold turkey and i dont know what is going on in his life, i will see him around campus next semester but i hope not. it will still hurt too much. i know i should move on and im trying my hardest but when it feels like something was robbed from you theres a horrible void.

I honestly don't even know what to do with myself, as I'm on here on a Monday night. I'm sure your ex misses those things that you used to text him with even something so insignificant, the idea that u had even thought of him made him feel special. I know mine will miss my funny e-mails and text kisses, but the thought that some girl in the near future doing the same thing with him kills me. Hopefully by then we will both have outside, unbiased perspectives that will make us believe the breakup was for the best. Let's hang in there!

I have been there! I lost my boyfriend/best friend of almost 7 years. He was my world. I am more of an introvert, so NOT a social butterfly so he really was the epicentre of my life. We were lovers and best friends.....you know, until he had sex with some coworker of his.....and suddenly, overnight I had to move out of our home as he decided to be with her! SO casually and easily, he was willing to forgo our life for some other chick. (and he actually disabled my key card so I lost access to our condo when I still had my stuff inside?!? ) I felt SO HURT, betrayed, defeated and alone. It sucks. I won't pretend it doesn't. But you WILL move on with time.

I survived major shock and heartache and became confident being totally independent and self-sufficient and SECURE in myself (and realized I will NOT accept crappy treatment from any man) and now I have found an amazing man who is SO much more awesome than any of my previous guy!!

So please please push through. I know it sucks now and you might get depressed at times, but please keep going!!! You will find your One eventually. Be careful but do NOT put up total shields that no man can penetrate. Just be wary and let your expecations be known early on. I admit I went through a very rough patch...but I am SO glad I pushed through it....cause it led me to my wonderful guy today.

Best of luck!!

thanks for your comment it really helped give me some hope of finding the one later on. You're right, we just need to push through and all this will go away in time. I'm happy you found a great guy! I do keep telling myself i will find a wonderful guy later on but it's hard sometimes when things remind you of your ex. But yes i guess it is true when they say the break up is for the best to lead you to a better guy for you. I hope you guys are doing great!

Archived