5 days into break up. bad feeling in the pit of my stomach :(

Every morning i wake up with that really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, like letting me know you have to deal with this today again and NO YOU DIDNT DREAM IT. It eventually goes away and comes back sometimes during the day but mostly it is in the morning. It makes me not wanna get up because i just want to stay in bed and think of things to make myself feel better instead of going out and facing it all. Yesterday and today have been like this because i have been able to sleep in and didnt have to go to class and so my mind isnt occupied right when i get up. I wish this feeling would go away completely but im guessing since we broke up 5 days ago its still very fresh. every little thing reminds me of him. I told him i would do NC because i needed to move and sometime when i was ready we would talk and he said if i needed anything he would be there for me and i told him i couldnt because he was the problem i would want to talk about. He told me he didnt want me to feel this way that he wanted me to feel happy and to not think he didnt care or didnt love me anymore. I dont know if he will ever try to contact me to see how i am, i just dont want to be the one to contact him months from now. and i dont know what to do if i see him when he comes up here for school next semester

but i am going to move on and i'm not expecting to get back with him because i know that we just can't be together. its so hard.

It's supposed to be hard. It's hard because this is the process of learning how to love, and learning who we are, and what we deserve. The biggest lessons are the hardest to learn.

Mornings are hard for everyone, it's when we have our defenses down, the walls and masks aren't up. That's also the reason weekends are hard... we don't have these pressing tasks to run to.

Read, watch movies, listen to music, journal... Do things to enrich yourself.

Our emotional pain often shows itself as physical discomfort, especially in our guts. (They're not called 'gut feelings' for nothing!) Especially in the early days after my recent breakup, I'd start to feel dizzy and panicky - and then realise that I was holding my breath unconsciously. We do this if we feel frightened. This is where breathing exercises and relaxation techniques really come into their own. You'll have to work your way through the painful emotions - you've got no choice in that - but it is possible to stop them being worse than they have to be.

Also, how much physical exercise do you get? You may find that stepping this up will help - cardiovascular exercise releases endorphins - the 'feelgood' hormones - and you'll find that this will help see you through the painful times as well.

Hope this helps!

I used to get these dreams before a break up would happen (strangely enough). I would always see it coming about 3 weeks ahead of time. The dreams of the break up would happen (or of them walking away) or having a new gf. Then it would happen.

I got the dreams after the break up too. It made me not want to deal with the day but I also feared sleeping because it haunted my sleep as well.

Thing is, these dreams are normal. They are just anxiety and I get them sometimes even now! (Last time I got one was 3 years ago) and I recently had a "break up" dream just because I went on a date with someone finally (after all these years).

I know exactly how they feel

Archived