Dance That Makes You Feel Alive And Lifts Others Too - Advice Needed

HaHaHa, I just watched the video. In the U.S. NO WAY would they be seen dancing like that with that itty-bitty roll of fat around her tummy!!! lol

Years and years ago ex-husband and my 2 kids went somewhere to eat that featured a belly dance. I think we were down south somewhere...can't remember..but anyway,the woman shook her hips WAY more that that...and had a scimpy bra type thing on....

My youngest (who's now 20) was around 8ish....and I was kind of embarrassed. But afterwards, he should her his trick he could do with his stomach muscles!! lol He'd such his stomach in, then have the muscles on the side suck in....I've seen it as 'stupi d human tricks' on t.v. It's quite impressive, and she thought it was funny. Of course, dear old mom never had a muscle in her stomach in her entire life!

(forced to kiss another guy today...yuck)

Hi Carla, I actually really like the type of dance she does - very sensual I think. I think the midriff type tops as opposed to the bra (which show too much jiggle)can be paramount to performing a dance of sensual seduction as opposed to leaving nothing to the imagination. The Shakira style of bellydance is of course something entirely different.

No it wasn't Burlesque Carls although we are learning choreography to a Burlesque dance to the Christina Aguelera song "So You Think You Can Burlesque".

• 3 months later...

OMG, last night I went to a Girl's Night Belly Dance. It was at a lovely and cosy venue with mostly lounge seating. There were 30-40 of us from different dance groups. After each dance group performed, the audience was invited up for a type of mini workshop. I saw types of dance I had never seen before and I had a try at. There were these women who were mesmerising in an almost spooky way - very erotic for sure. The had flowering vines tatooed over most of their backs and stomachs, and some had BIG hair done in long dreadlocks with lots of flowers. They perform what is referred to as ATS (American Tribal Style) bellydance. They said their dance was totally improvised but you would never have known. There was also a single performer who danced what is called Flamenco Fusion which is a blend of Spanish Flamenco and Arabic. She was SO graceful and danced with a fan.

Any other dancers here or others who have seen some really DIFFERENT styles of dance which impressed?

Archived