1st date invitation at his house .. disrespectful?

OrangeMoon

I have to second Batya33 on that. I've had some very, very close calls when I was younger and a lot more trusting and naive. It was always when I chose to ignore the little voice in the back of my head and decided to go with someone to a private place when I didn't know them very well. I was extremely lucky in that I was able to talk my way out of it and/or fight the guy off each time, but I learned my lesson. Trust from me is something that has to be earned. There are still plenty of public things you both can do that don't cost alot of money or involve a fancy restaurant without him being able to lock a door behind you or get you away from help.

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No..I am not saying that they are disrespectful ..as in me mentioning that to them. its that i FEEL disrespected..Like that takes the positive wind out of me for wanting to meet them. Maybe its not even the right word..more a kind of disappointment or something. But that could also be because I am still doing something (online dating) that i dont want to really do anymore. Maybe they have the same thing, and dont feel like bothering to go out in bad weather for yet another date..

I am a pretty open person..and do not judge anyone for inviting someone home or not. But I do feel its strange when you have had just a few brief messages go back and forth and a barely 15minute phone conversation to set a date and introduce oneself a little further..

Maybe I am just getting too sensitive about the whole thing..

You know, reading how you feel about this, I couldn't agree more, as I actually did, clearly out of pure desperation did I go on a date to his flat. At first I was so nervous and had apprehension as I've never in my life done such a thing as this, one reads of all these Phys Cho’s out there...

Any who, initially the conversation was great, 2 and a half hours we spoke, getting to know each other, laughing and just good banter but when it came to us having dinner, he had purchased a frozen pizza which he put in the oven for 10 minutes. Dinner table wasn't set, no cutlery... I was actually so disappointed because it then hit me, that he clearly didn't take our meeting each other serious or respectful for a better word. I left with mixed emotions, I politely ate the pizza, finished my glass of wine and after 15 minutes said it was time I left as I had to do a 12 hour work shift the following day.

Where is chivalry, a man's pride or self respect in who he is and what he has to offer a woman. Not meaning in a financial sense at all but an emotional supportive one. I don't know, call me old school but the more I'm on this dating site the more I get despondent believing I'm never going to meet a man with character and virtues.

Archived