Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Motivational Health and Fitness Journal

Voguester

I have been struggling with my weight for almost a year now, I've gained 10 kgs and I'm determined now to do something about it.

I've recently signed up at the gym, I've gotten weighed and I know what I need to do to get my life back on track.

I've decided to make this journal public only so I can hold myself accountable for any bad habits that may resurface and I just can't do it alone to be honest.

I think I actually suffer from Binge eating disorder but no one believes me, I can eat a whole box of chocolates in one go and it wouldnt even end there, I start to feel like I need that FULL feeling or until I feel sick. I want to start destressing and taking better care of my mind and body.

Today is day 1.

So far I've eaten:

Breakfast - 1 bowl of cornflakes w/ skim milk, 1 prune

Lunch - 1 piece of wholemeal bread w/ half a banana

Snack - 4 almonds, 1/2 an orange

Dinner - 1 piece of grilled fish, 1/2 potato, brocolli, 4 small roma tomatos

Exercise> 20 min brisk walk, 40 mins of resistance training at gym, 30 min exercise dvd.

So far I'm not very hungry and I'm feeling quite happy and energetic. I always start to panic at dessert time, ill see how i go though.

so far so good!

i went to the gym for only 20 mins this morning but i walked to there which took me about 35 mins. I then did my exercise dvd.

my diet is going well, i almost caved though and had a chocolate but instead had a piece of fruit.

Its hard but im determined to stay on track. I will get weighed on friday to see if anything has changed/

Today is day 5 and I'm doing great! I'm quite surprised by my motivation so far. I walked to the gym today which took me 40 mins, then I did my very first Zumba class...LOVED IT! I'm really going to try and go to more classes.

My diet is also going well, I think my stomach has shrunk a bit because I find I'm not as hungry anymore, it sounds corny but I'm actually more hungry for exercise now and getting a firmer body. I do realise it's only 5 days and I hope I can keep this up...as someone who is an emotional eater, it can be really hard not to grab that twix bar or as I do...a whole box of chocolates in one sitting...I just don't want to go back there. It's the vicious cycle where I feel like I'm lacking something, it could be after a stressful day, so I try to eat as much as I can to fill that void. Inevitable I end up feeling more depressed, guilty about it and I'm fatter.

I've just joined this new website called Clickfit and it's fabulous! There I can keep track of every food I put in my mouth and it tells me how many calories I can take in. My first weigh-in will be on Tuesday so I just hope that I've shifted even a couple of kgs.

Archived