Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

The Get A Life Club and Journal - Membership Free and Welcome!

Silverbirch

Hi! This is a new journal I am starting. I feel I am well and truly healed over the ex. I even have had someone else in my life for going on 6 months - someone who I definitely have strong feelings for and I think we are compatible, HOWEVER, . . . I'm not going to be a doormat for anyone. I'm not going to ever let me be broken the way it has been in the past. I'm determined that I will have a great life WITH OR WITHOUT A PARTNER/MEN.

I posted on the other thread that on Saturday, the new man and I had planned to go out. He was quite late in telephoning me to finalise the details so at 5pm, I decided to spiff myself up, try and look my best, and I took myself out for dinner at live music at the local pub. I had a great time. Did get to meet some people, and I will do that and other things like it whenever I get the urge which I hope will be often.

It does appear that the newer man got a bit of a shock and jolt by me doing that. I didn't just do it to annoy him, but I'm glad he appears to see reality - that I won't be sitting around crying and on my own if he is unreliable about going out or plans for it.

I'm now on my way to checking out another great local pub. BTW, I don't drink or do any drugs, but I always have a good time. In fact, being a non-drinker, has in the past benefited me in many ways, but especially, I used to get invited out by groups of girls and have my way paid as I was taxi-driver so they could all drink as much as they wanted. Nobody ever got totally smashed, but we had a good time, and I want to do that again.

Okay, I dare anyone else to do the same. . . . and please post here and share with us.

Okay, I checked it out - at the other local Pub/Restuarant, on 23rd February, some of my favourite long-standing recording artists will be performing. I have already seen them twice at the same venue and they were fantastic. I got to meet them at both previous events, and I'll do so again (and get my pics taken with them - which reminds me - those pics from last time are still with the ex and I want them back). On those occasions, as well as meeting my musical idols, other people talked to me, and I had a good time.

I'll likely go on my own. When I went previously, I went with the ex, and actually, I think I would rather have gone with some g/f's or on my own anyway. There are other great acts going there throughout the year. I'm fortunate in that the region I live in has attracted a lot of well-known and talented musicians, artists, writers, etc, and there are numerous festivals throughout the year, so I shouldn't even have to travel far to have a good time.

Me and all of my friends always went out solo if we didn't have a date or if the guy in question called at the last minute. Today's ladies are so afraid that they play by The Rules. What you see as being brave was same ol', same ol' in my generation. I still do lots of things on my own. What's so bold or scary about doing that? I like that your doing this. Keep it up. You will meet all kinds of great people and have all kinds of novel experiences by doing this. Men are nice, but they sure ain't the whole enchilada.

Archived