I want to sleep all day everyday

I don't know what's going on with my body.......

My sleeping schedule is ALL messed up... and it doesn't help that I (feel) I hardly eat

(or haven't been eating right?) I don't even know to be honest.

I just feel like I'm numb, in a coma type thing.

Guess it doesn't help that I don't have a car and can't drive myself around... so I stay in and all my body wants is my bed.

I went to the mall today and I wasn't even interested in shopping (COMPLETELY OUT OF THE ORDINARY), and as I walked I felt my vision blurred... (to be fair, It's 6 o'clock and I haven't eaten all day) and I felt I was in a haze.. like a weird dream. So, I bought myself Ice cream. Came home, fridge is empty, and my body immediately didn't even want to be fed, just... sleep.

for what it's worth...i think this is natural at certain points in life. there are natural cycles of regeneration...times when our bodies are telling us to SLOW DOWN...take some time...and just recuperate. i think we're generally encouraged to be productive all the time...but this seems unhealthy and completely unrealistic to me.

listen to your body. don't fight it. if it says 'sleep'...then sleep.

from the general vibe of your recent posting, i think you've earned some downtime..some GUILT FREE downtime. the world won't stop spinning if you take a bit of time for yourself.

for what it's worth...i think this is natural at certain points in life. there are natural cycles of regeneration...times when our bodies are telling us to SLOW DOWN...take some time...and just recuperate. i think we're generally encouraged to be productive all the time...but this seems unhealthy and completely unrealistic to me.

listen to your body. don't fight it. if it says 'sleep'...then sleep.

from the general vibe of your recent posting, i think you've earned some downtime..some GUILT FREE downtime. the world won't stop spinning if you take a bit of time for yourself.

LOL @ your screen name.

& I go to sleep around 2/3 am and wake up around 3 pm D: then, I want to sleep more.. and not even eat

I thought maybe it was my depression and... not interest in doing things.. but then I started my pills again.. and now I think maybe it's my medicine? I feel icky.... a shower doesn't help energize me.......and my room is a disgusting mess. I'm just like a blob right now

I have bouts of being like this.

I have terrible unhealthy eating habits which cause me to feel sort of like I'm in another World, like everything is surreal.

I tend to skip breakfast, sometimes lunch, then eat like a horse at dinner, then snack for the rest of the night.

Also you are probably like me when it comes to food.

You're more inclined to eat because you know you need to eat rather than actually feeling hungry.

I've been like this most, if not all of my life.

There are other factors which can come in to play.

For instance I don't like cooking for the most part unless I am also cooking for someone else.

Lucky for me my taste buds are satisfied by the most simplest things, although not always the most nutritional.

Not talking just sweets and ice cream here, simple things, like toasties, raw veggies, fruit, microwaved stuffed potatoes, canned sardines......mmmmm.

Try and eat things with which burn slowly.

Besides eating things which give you an instant high then leave you crashing hard and then going back to bed.

Also empty fridge means....do some grocery shopping.

as much as you don't feel like doing anything, if you can force yourself to excercise it might help with your sleeping patterns. Also, because you are sleeping in until 3pm you aren't getting the daylight that you body craves. What area are you in? If you are in a spot with short winter days that also doesn't help! I would try to change your sleep schedule so you are sleeping when it is dark and awake when it is bright out and try to get in a walk or 2. Your body is also probably craving nutrients. If things don't improve maybe you should talk to your doctor about adjusting the meds.

What are days like?? What is your work schedule or school schedule??

Mon & Wed I go to class at 6 pm until 10 pm

Tue & Thu I go to class at 8 am until 9:20 pm (horrible schedule, I know)

& then I had an online class Tue & Thu that I usually get on at night... and takes me somewhere from 1 to 2 hours to finish everything.

Weekends I'm just in my house all day or something...... haven't been talking to my "boyfriend" so without him, that's all I'm able to do.

I'd like to move to Jersey or NY where things are at walking distance.

Anyway,

After that, I sleep at the randomest moments.

Well, the fridge seems empty to me.... then I hear my mom or brother in law yelling at me saying there's soo much to eat. Lol

I'm picky and I can only cook about two dishes, not a good combination

I also don't eat breakfast.. don't wake up in time to do so... or I just skip cus it gives me a stomach ache.

MAN I wish I had like a white mom (the way my friends do), they make SURE their kids eat 3 times a day lol or like when they see their kids are being weird, they ask and try to figure things out as a team. I fantasize about being babied >.

as much as you don't feel like doing anything, if you can force yourself to excercise it might help with your sleeping patterns. Also, because you are sleeping in until 3pm you aren't getting the daylight that you body craves. What area are you in? If you are in a spot with short winter days that also doesn't help! I would try to change your sleep schedule so you are sleeping when it is dark and awake when it is bright out and try to get in a walk or 2. Your body is also probably craving nutrients. If things don't improve maybe you should talk to your doctor about adjusting the meds.

I should start up walking again, shouldn't I? But I get scared around here

I live in the south.. so winter is said to be short here? Although it seems really cold to me for the most part...... I take vitamins, too !

Exercise definitely works up the appetite which I should be doing more of myself.

I used to be so fit and took up a lot of sports.

Pretty much went out the door when I started my first full time job.

Also because, you are hungry after some exercise, you will be more inclined to be less fussy about what is in the kitchen.

I go through phases like this as well.

On the bright side, be thankful you're one of those people who resorts to sleep instead of food when you're feeling off.

Although you may be "wasting" your day by sleeping so much, you're resting.

Imagine if you spent all of that time eating?

I guess I'm just saying it's not all that bad of a self-destructing habit,

We all have them.

I go through phases like this as well.

On the bright side, be thankful you're one of those people who resorts to sleep instead of food when you're feeling off.

Although you may be "wasting" your day by sleeping so much, you're resting.

Imagine if you spent all of that time eating?

I guess I'm just saying it's not all that bad of a self-destructing habit,

We all have them.

lol true, but i don't want to get to 90 pounds again D: those are my worries.

Exercise definitely works up the appetite which I should be doing more of myself.

I used to be so fit and took up a lot of sports.

Pretty much went out the door when I started my first full time job.

Also because, you are hungry after some exercise, you will be more inclined to be less fussy about what is in the kitchen.

Sports cost money here.. like, to be part of a team. EVERYTHING costs money -_- fixing my bike costs money. I think I'll just walk around

You said in your original post that you've been feeling "numb" and like you're "in a coma" as well as questioning what you've even been doing/eating; you also said that you weren't at all interested in shopping, and felt like you were in a "haze" or "weird dream."

How are your moods? Are you depressed? Or happy, but just sleepy? Because these signs of being disinterested in your normal daily tasks and feeling a bit zombie-like could be attributed to a mood disorder, like depression. But you didn't mention anything about your mental health.

The best way to feel alert and well-rested is to go to bed at a reasonable hour every night and wake up at a reasonable hour every morning (preferably the exact same time every morning) as well as eating well. It doesn't sound like you do either of these two integral things! It also might be worth going to a GP about this - I used to be really lethargic all the time and then I found out it was because I was anaemic due to iron deficiency.

Oh I don't have anemia anymore, amen to that !

And oh yes, I have been suffering from depression a few years, I'm on medication.

I love to eat I love food! I just am not creative .... like I see cans and things and Idk what to make with them? lol that's my issue

I just see these things and none of them go together. I've been eating a lot of lettuce and beans, though.

Archived