Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Orlando Honeymoon

adrummer

Hey everyone. My fiance and I are looking to plan our honeymoon in Orlando, Florida in the last week of June. It's a bit overwhelming trying to decide what to do/see, where to stay, etc. We live in Arkansas and our wedding is on Saturday, June 23. We will be leaving Arkansas around 5 that afternoon and want to drive some of the way that night. We'd like to get a nice hotel for our first night spending the night together, then wake up and drive the rest of the way.

We definitely want to go to Disney's Animal Kingdom and Universal/MGM Studios. Other than those 2 things, we haven't decided on anything for certain yet. I'd like to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but my fiance doesn't want to spend $3-500 for a room for one night. I get discounts on most regular hotels, so we plan to stay in a cheaper hotel through the week. We don't really care about doing much with Disney World other than Animal Kingdom and Studios. We thought about just booking a hotel and looking for stuff to do as we're down there. One day we'd like to drive to the beach and just relax. She wants a lot of romantic things, and I want to throw fun stuff in. She said she doesn't want it to become just a regular "vacation" trip though.

Anyone have any advice on what all to do/where to stay for a week long honeymoon? Thanks!

I took my daughter to disney a few years ago. Disney was great...but outside disney and their resorts...ahem...Orlando. I'm sorry but YUCK! I understand wanting to go to the 2 locations you mentioned but to spend an entire week in Orlando...although there is much to do...It really isn't that great. As Bird said Why not the Keys? Is it a particular kind of attraction you are looking for? Maybe you could stay a few nights at a Disney property and then move on to another location. I once checked out St Augustine on line and thought it would be a great place to visit.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to work at Disney World! If your fiance really doesn't want to spend that much on a room, have you thought about one of the nicer moderate resorts like port Orleans? Another option in to ring Disney's reservation line and see if they can make some Disney magic since its your honeymoon, the trick is not to ask straight out. In terms of surprises, at DAK there's a new tour which takes you over the safari area, its called wild trek Africa, its AMAZING! or how about dinner at one of the specialty restaurants in a park or a resort. How about doing all four parks to give you more options? MK has cinderellas royal table, and epcot has a ton of great places to eat, it would be extra awesome to get a window table during illuminations, or even going to one of the restaurants in one of the resorts overlooking MK during wishes.

Also, MGM and universal are COMPLETELY different parks, mgm is now Disney's hollywood studios, and universal is...universal. A few people make this mistake, nothing was more awkward then working at studios and having someone come up to you and ask where harry potter world is and you have to tell them they're at the wrong park.

If you have any more questions feel free to PM me, I've also got connections at Disney if you want to plan something special

Archived