Kind of a Rough Day

All alone tonight, just boozing and browsing the web. Feelin' down about the ex, of course, though it's getting better every day.

All of a sudden I receive two texts from two different ex-girlfriends. The first I had to ignore because I don't want anything to do with her. And the second I had to ignore because I'm trying to get over her (she's riding some other guy's right now).

Sigh, how did it come to this.

OK, done whining.

hi last man

you feel any better ?

did she text again about the thingymajig that we can't mention ?

did you manage not to text ?

is the moon made of cheese ?

I'm not sure how I feel...maybe a little guilty for ignoring her? I never responded to the text.

It's a bit complicated. I cheated on her (no sex but I came home with a hickey one night from some girl that was all over me). The fallout from that was pretty bad and I can't really blame her for wanting to be with someone else.

However, that doesn't mean that I'm gonna hang around and be her girlfriend while she's living it up with her new boy. I mean, I want what I want. And what I want is her, on my terms.

Right now she probably hates me even more for not responding, so it's a raw deal.

And yeah, the moon is cheese, Vermont sharp cheddar to be precise.

And yeah, the moon is cheese, Vermont sharp cheddar to be precise

so bottom line ...

are you resisting breaking NC in the hope that she will miss you/get over it/leave this fella ...and if she does come back on your terms ...hahaha ..your terms ...*chuckling* will you get over the fact she has been with someone else ?

well she can't be that mad with you , texting to open a debate on one of your chosen subjects !

*chuckling* will you get over the fact she has been with someone else ?

That's a good question...I really don't know. There's a lot of guys who would never even consider taking their ex back once they've slept with someone else. Me, I'm not so sure...people like to have sex and I try not to take it personally. I mean she was with others before I even met her so is it really that big of a deal?

And yeah, I'm hoping she'll have a change of heart once she realizes I'm gone for good.

I think the real question is would she ever respect me if I took her back after this...quite the dilemma.

I am actually surprised after been on here just how many WILL get over it and are prepared to dismiss it ....It's good though , I have just presumed I suppose that it then taints a relationship ...so it's good to see so many people adopt a healthy attitude and are prepared not make it a deal breaker. ..it has changed my perception of what I thought the general attitude is .

So no , its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things ..I suppose any given situation is only as big as we ourselves make it ..you get some throw a complete flunky over not getting a text back in ten minutes and those that forgive countless affairs.

I guess we have to find a balance between acting impossible and being a doormat.

I hope she does have a change of heart ...stranger things have happened hey

let me put the question back on you ..why do you think she wouldn't respect you if you took her back ?

In my experience and the people I mix with ...if they haven't got that respect then they wouldn't go back anyway .

let me put the question back on you ..why do you think she wouldn't respect you if you took her back ?

In my experience and the people I mix with ...if they haven't got that respect then they wouldn't go back anyway .

She probably wouldn't respect me because she'll think I can't "do better". She'll be thinking "Wow I dumped this guy and slept with another right after and he's still giving me the time of day? He must be really desperate or I'm just that great! Tee-hee!"

Well, I let curiosity get the better of me and finally responded to her text.

Her: Do you think (redacted) is a capitalist vulture?

2 days later...

Me: phone was broke, no i don't think that

Her: Oh ok bc that was what that guy or whoever that u told me u liked said

Me: uh huh

Her: I was reading an article at the time I sent u that--I've lost interest in the subject now-

Me: k

Doesn't sound like a woman who is very interested, lol.

oh dear you do make me chuckle so much ...

you didn't exactly dive in with much to even encourage chat or debate ... uh huh ..is not really getting you on the debate

team is it ?

so she got huffy and played it down ..

but joking aside I know you want her back and this to be right so its hard to know what to do for the best ... because after all , we have to protect ourselves first and foremost ...

are you ok ?

I presume back to NC

oh dear you do make me chuckle so much ...

you didn't exactly dive in with much to even encourage chat or debate ... uh huh ..is not really getting you on the debate

team is it ?

so she got huffy and played it down ..

but joking aside I know you want her back and this to be right so its hard to know what to do for the best ... because after all , we have to protect ourselves first and foremost ...

are you ok ?

I presume back to NC

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with her so I try to be as blunt and distant as possible. You're right about wanting to protect myself as she has a tendency to blow up and get angry at me (thin line between love & hate? haha i wish).

But yeah I never initiate contact with her.

Well the latest BS text just rolled in:

"Hi (my nickname) what's instrument called that's a miniature piano. I remember u saying u liked its driving me nuts"

Her grammar is usually good so I believe she's drunk.

Respond or no? C'mon guys let's have fun with this, cause I really don't even care anymore at this point.

Archived