I know I CAN move on. But I don't want to. Advice please!

My gf and I broke up a week ago after about 5 weeks of me trying to get her to work through her problems that were getting in the way of us. When we broke it off she said she wants to get through her issues and then call me but I told her I couldn't wait. I couldn't let myself be put through the uncertainty with no gaurentees that she would work through them or would still want me once she did.

Anyway, I am at the point where I know I can live without her. I am a great catch that I know lot's of women would be interested in. Funny, smart, caring, attractive, good job . . . I'm not trying to brag, but it takes some time to realize that about yourself again after a break up. But while I know I can move on and find someone else I still don't want to. I keep thinking about the plans I had. I was going to move closer and get my own place instead of sharing a house with 3 other college buds. I would see her much more weekly and in a year or two would be married. I still want all of that. I keep thinking about calling her in 3 weeks to see how she's doing, I know this has been hard on her two, and just let her know I still care and try to feel her out. I don't want to pressure her into getting back together but maybe just open up lines of communication.

WHY?!? Can't I realize that all I'll be doing is opening myself up for more hurt? Isn't it obvious that my calling her will serve no purpose other than pushing her away more? I know there are much better looking girls out there and there are girls with less emotional baggage. But I don't want them. She makes me happy. As my topic stated I know I can get over her, but I just don't want to. I don't want to give up on us. Is that being strong or weak? Please help.

Thanks,

Crushed

PS My friend wants to set me up with a friend of his who he thinks I would really like. I'm concerned I will and SHE will finally call. Unrealistic I know but I don't want to be unfair to this new possibility or myself. I'm, as always being a nice guy and we all know where they finish. I should just go out with her and hope to get as much fun out of her as I can then dump her if it doesn't work. BUt I won't and that's why I will finish last.

Dunno if this is good advice but,

I heard this elsewhere but we are all like Captain Ahab (moby dick) trying to get that one white whale no matter how much it hurts us in the process granted we arent trying to kill our EX we are trying to get them back but its a good comparison i too feel i could move on but i still want that white whale i know there are others better but its how that one made an impact. Granted i may look obssesed but its so hard to just call it quits, i bet u feel the same? As many others.