Somethings wrong.. I just don't know what..

Okay well my boyfriend and I live about 250 miles apart. Since hes a senior this year, of course he has prom.. A couple of weeks ago he told me, well he asked me if he could go with this girl as friends..and I had to tell him yeah, because that would just be mean if I didn't. After I told him he could I was quiet for awhile, I had to let the whole idea of his spending prom with another girl soak in. After about 5 minutes I just kinda came out of no where and asked him if he was going to kiss her..and he said he didn't know, not if I didn't want him to. And I know this sounds really dumb.. but I told him to kiss her. I just figured even if he did kiss her it wouldn't mean anything because he loves me. By the way... Prom was last Saturday....For the last week I have tried calling him and hes never home which makes me think thats hes out with this girl. I know he has a job and friends, but for as long as I have known him hes never not home all week.. I feel like something happened between him and that girl and hes avoiding me.. I don't know what to think. I don't want to call him anymore because I don't want to seem like I'm in desperate need of talking to him.. Yet I don't want to wait around for him to call me.. What should I do?

Thanks

~Jenn

It sounds like hes not putting a lot of effort into this relationship and he is interested in this other girl and acting accordingly. I dont think you should get upset at him, because you DID allow him to kiss her, and going against that would be hypocritical. I would call him once more and leave a message with someone stating that you just want closure and to talk to him and for him to not be intimidated, that your convo will be calm and collected. If he doesnt return your call, I would do the best you can to move on and not dwell on it and not wait for his call. Hope this helps

Ok - this may just be my own witchy opinion - but just because there is a distance between you two you were under NO obligation to being ok with him taking someone else to the prom. And allowing him to kiss someone else? HELLO? Did you suddenly change your name to Ms. Doormat? Sorry - that was harsh. But wanted to make a point. A long distance relationship comes with sacrifices. Not going out with other girls is one of those sacrifices. By allowing this and basically giving him the green light to kiss other girls, you basically said gave him to go ahead to do whatever he wants and your feelings don't matter.

My guess is more has been going on before the prom happened. Heck, he could have easily gone with a big group of other single friends or not at all. If he had true feelings for you, going to the prom just wouldn't be the same without you.

I know it is very hard to learn when your a young woman, but YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE CRAP FROM GUYS!! It took me a while to get it through my head too that we as girls do not have to cowtow to boys and live in fear of losing. Trust me, you will become much more attractive if you (at least appear) more confident.

I would do what the previous poster said. Call him, but be pretty straight in your message. You want closure - you want a straight answer and if not, you need to move on.

You can do this!!!