Am I obsessed with my girlfriend?

gearheadtheman

Okay, so this is my first real relationship. We've been going strong for almost 4 months now. I haven't been diagnosed with OCD, anxiety, or depression (Although I did see a psychiatrist for that a while ago, but we decided it was just teenage hormones getting to me (I'm 15)). We're a great, and I mean great couple. We get told all the time how cute we are. She really likes me, and I really like her. About 2 1/2 months ago, I started to develop this...I don't even know what to call it. It's pretty embarrassing, actually- admitting this is like eating a razor blade. It seems that lately, everything she does/likes to do, I wish I could do/like to do. For instance, she loves horror movies, and I'm some-what into them, but not so much. This doesn't agree with me. I feel like I have to like them and be into them otherwise I feel like a 'p***y', especially movies like The Human Centipede and the Saw series- she likes those and i dont, which has been eating me alive recently. I realize this is a weird/stupid problem. She also likes to cook, and i dont, which makes me feel useless. She focuses a lot on spelling/grammar, and i dont, which makes me feel like an idiot. She listens to her music on full blast, i dont, which makes me feel like I "cant handle it" or whatever. It makes me really depressed sometimes. Now if you're thinking I should get a hobby or something, I have one, I make movies all the time. Other than that I feel like I think about her way more than I should, and whenever we text (Which is quite often) I always check my phone to see if she's responded in case I missed my phone buzz. It's like I feel I have to be just like her or something, as weird as that sounds. It's like she makes me feel small about myself unintentionally. I've talked to her about it a little (We can tell eachother pretty much anything), but I haven't gone into any heavy detail because I don't want to creep her out or anything. Breaking up is not an option. Am I jealous of her? Am I obsessed? Is it teenage hormones? I don't get what's wrong with me and I'm very frustrated!!

You're infatuated. I think you need to learn to be more independent of the relationship. Enjoy your own life, and activities you enjoy. Don't worry so much about what she does. Don't stare at your phone, and don't obsess so much. It will force the relationship towards something you don't want, and feeding this behavior now will only make something like that hurt even more down the road.

I think you are losing yourself in your relationship. You and your girlfriend are two different people. Everyone's different. Don't you think it would be boring if you were just like her?

Your girlfriend isn't making you feel small. You are making yourself feel that way because you are insecure. Why don't you embrace the differences as well as the similarities between you two? You like her for who she is and she likes you for who you are. If you try to change for her she might not like it. Be yourself no matter what!

Do not let your life revolve around your GF.

Do not drop your hobbies and personal interests.

If you don't have any and she is, then definitely go find some personal pursuits.

This is very very important.

Ultimately we do shape ourselves to varying degrees to our SOs but we must not lose ourselves all together.

Healthy relationship don't involve both people like all the same things, having the same views on every topic, etc. Think about how BORING that would get in a very short period of time. Lol, I think you are very normal for your age and as you get older you will see that what makes someone different from you (and what makes you different from them) can be the best thing for a relationship.

Don't worry so much! Just be yourself.

Archived