Females Only- Birth Control Pills

BitterSweet12

You really have to change up pills before you find one that's right for you. I have never had any of the side effects listed but there is a ingredient (can't recall what it is) but if it's high in the pill, I get sick very easily. You're always suppose to eat with them but there are some no matter what I eat or when, I throw up a few hours later so I have to be on the lowest dose possible - which I am now - and it took me 8 years to find it.

If this type or brand is causing your sex drive to lower, ask your doctor about trying another brand or another BC option, such as the shot or patch.

I normally have a strong sex drive...but when I was on the pill (I was on Alesse for 6 years) I did notice my sex drive dwindled. I also noticed I didnt' get nearly as wet as I normally do when I am NOT on BC.

Other than that, I had no other side effects. But yeah, I definitely feel it impacts your sex drive. Just my experience!

I would seek out either a different pill or a different method of BC entirely. Whatever works.

I believe my BC dosage is a bit high but I've experienced no effect. This just goes to show that everyone is different. There are a lot of options out there for you to try out!

Archived