What do you girls think of colognes?

Trigve

I agree with finch, and I have to add that I absolutely love cologne on a guy. It's so incredibly sexy and a huge turn-on for me. My boyfriend doesn't really like it though, so he rarely wears it And the scent he has, I don't particularly care for (Bay Rum or something like that). Women tend to have a keen sense of smell and while men are more visual, women can get very turned on by a scent.

but what about the personality it conveys? does it seem a little pretentious that a guy wears it?

Personally I'm not really into girls who wear perfumes, cuz it gives a "formal" impression that I just don't really like. but girls don't seem to think the same way that's why I'm asking.

sweetpea is right about women having a keener sense of smell. If you don't feel like going the cologne route, basic "clean" is just fine.

The sense of smell can bring back/create very strong memories...think of it as another way to imprint yourself on a girl's mind. To this day if I catch a whiff of certain colognes, my brain will automatically flashback to an ex who wore it. On our first date, my husband wore a little Drakkar Noir....if I'm out somewhere and a guy is wearing it, I automatically think back to that day.

You'll need to experiment a bit and find a scent you like and that mixes well with your body chemistry. (That's what those tester bottles are for in the dept. stores)

A word of caution, though....whatever you choose, use it sparingly. For most men's fragrances, a little goes a long way. You don't want people thinking, "Nice cologne....must you marinate in it?

It gives me the impression that the guy cares a lot about his appearance (I know it doesn't necessarily but that's the impression I get)...and it makes me think he's single and looking to attract girls...

I like cologne a lot if there's just a little bit. A little goes a long way. I think the smell of it is sexy. But if there's too much, like a cologne overload, and people can smell it from 50 feet away...then that's not really good!

yea that's a reason why I used to absolutely hate perfumes/colognes and stuff like these, cuz most people put on way too much. being trapped on a bus beside someone like that is a horrible experience.

but there were also once or twice I found someone with a tiny bit of scent to be very pleasant, I don't even know if it was perfume though, it could've just been the smell of shampoo...

muneca said it best. I love a bit of cologne, i agree don't go over the top but i get very turned on by a nice cologne.

Theres nothing better than when you go to kiss a guys neck and he smells real good, or when u catcha quick whiff of a guy as he walks past.

On the perfume note i like to wear perfume. I like knowing that i smell nice and it makes me feel sexier. The guys i've been with in the past seem to like it to and told me so so i don't think many guys have a problem with it, i think it turns them on too. I only have one guy friend who prefers his women not to wear cologne, he claims he's attracted to the smell of pheremones which is blocked when u wear perfume. Then again he's a bit strange

i think it nice to have some kind of cologne on men and woman as it should that they makin a effect. but some time some people but far to much on and its a big turn off. i now a lot of friends who but to much on and its not nice at all. i now my ex used to like jean paul gaultier on me. but dont really us it now b/c it reminds me of her to much lololol

What if a guy uses a certain shampoo that is made for a woman and has a femanine smell? There are just no masculine shampoos out there!

Contrast to what some of you ladies are saying, i pay a lot of attention to smell and my sense of smell is terrible. But I can always smell the aroma of a woman. There are a lot of girls that overdoo the perfume too and yes, it's a turn off (for me). I currently have a lady friend who smokes. When the smoke mixes with her perfume... i melt. It's irresistible!

What if a guy uses a certain shampoo that is made for a woman and has a femanine smell? There are just no masculine shampoos out there!

Contrast to what some of you ladies are saying, i pay a lot of attention to smell and my sense of smell is terrible. But I can always smell the aroma of a woman. There are a lot of girls that overdoo the perfume too and yes, it's a turn off (for me). I currently have a lady friend who smokes. When the smoke mixes with her perfume... i melt. It's irresistible!

Nah there's loads of products for men like shampoo. Im sure Lynx do something. Just go to the super market and look around.

i don't think shampoo on men has too much effect, since most men have fairly short hair, not much smell stays with you if you wash the stuff off properly...

hair gel though will stay with you for longer (maybe an hour or two). but I like the smell of my hair gel, it's that green stuff from herbal essense it's got a fresh grass smell to it.

I wouldn't worry about the shampoo smell. I've only noticed a feminine shampoo scent on one guy and to be honest, I wanted to get closer to him just to smell his hair. It was nice.

Anyway, about the whole cologne thing, I like it. As long as it smells good and it doesn't seem like the guy went swimming in it. It's really nice to be snuggled up to a guy who smells nice. Of course, most guys pretty much smell nice anyway, from a combination of laundry detergent and soap. But a litte extra.. and just a little, doesn't hurt.