Too manly that I can't get a date or even a one night stand.

frree

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you don't actually want a relationship with a woman? If you have trouble getting along with other men too, maybe you just don't like other people that much? You might be really picky.. if you were actually attracted to a woman enough I don't think you would have a problem 'submitting' by approaching her.. I think you just would because it was worth it. I'm sort of like you when it comes to men and going up and talking to them, and sometimes I think something is wrong with me too although it's not so much of a problem for me as I'm not expected to be the initiator as the female. But then when I really like someone I will go up and talk to them (not ask them out, since I don't ask men out, but you know, show interest). So yeah, I think your problem might be that you don't like these women enough to really 'try'. Maybe you need more than physical attraction in order for you to 'sacrifice' your masculinity or whatever to go up and put yourself out there to her.

I actually find it VERY manly and attractive when a man has the confidence to approach me and make his interest known. You, my friend, are walking around in fear.

You're not getting it. By showing interest in someone other then myself I'm being weak. Just doing so seems like humiliation.

here is a question, is it unmanly to go for something that you like when you see it? is it unmanly to go up to somebody and start a conversation to get to know them? is it unmanly to talk to a girl to see find out who she is, what she is like as a human being?

You're not getting it. By showing interest in someone other then myself I'm being weak. Just doing so seems like humiliation.

YOU'RE not getting it!!

Your thinking is different from the norm, therefore is just not going to work for most if not all women.

You have two options here;

Work on changing your perspective, because the only person you have control over is yourself

of

Accepting that thinking this way will result in living the way you do...dateless and misunderstood. If that's ok with you, there is no reason to change, if you are looking for a change in the way others see you, you need to change the way you see yourself.

here is a question, is it unmanly to go for something that you like when you see it? is it unmanly to go up to somebody and start a conversation to get to know them? is it unmanly to talk to a girl to see find out who she is, what she is like as a human being?

If it's an object you're going for then no. I have no interest in getting to know most people because they're boring.

Seriously Frree, what is your opinion of your own father? Grandfather? Other males in your family who are married or in relationships? Are they are "weak" and "humiliated"?

Is there anyone you DO admire either someone you know personally, a historical figure, etc?

I have no opinion on the rest of my family, just indifference.

There's nobody I admire to be honest. Everybody is flawed.

What exactly is your goal here? Are you looking for a way to get a date/one night stand? Are you looking to make friends? Are you looking for a way for people to approach you? Are you just venting and uninterested in changing your situation?

Originally when I started the thread is for a way for people to approach me. The more I post the more annoyed I've become and now I'm just venting. I'm not a troll though, but people can believe what they want.

Originally when I started the thread is for a way for people to approach me. The more I post the more annoyed I've become and now I'm just venting. I'm not a troll though, but people can believe what they want.

If you want people to approach you, it's going to take a change in attitude. I realize this is not the easy answer, and it's not a quick fix. It's probably not something you want to do because you've become comfortable with the way that you are.

This is something you will have to decide, is it worth it to change to get this goal, or is it worth it to abandon the goal and remain the same?

That's going to be your call.

Archived