This job sounds shady.

Ok..this guy from California sent me a message (forgot what he first said) but I answered back. He messages me again saying something about he wants to be my boyfriend. I replied back I don't know you. He wrote back that's true so maybe we can get to know each other and if I have yahoo. I said yea & gave it to him. Next day he messages me on yahoo & asks what do I do. I said looking for a job. He said he has one for me. I said oh really doing what? He said personal assistant to his friend. I said how is that possible when you're in California & I'm in Florida. He said it can work, but I need to have a bank account from wells fargo or chase. I said I dont have either and he said to get one and that about $50-$200 would work and he needs to know acct name, type of acct, bank address & number and acct number. That's when I started getting a bad feeling (maybe it's my NY paranoia and I don't trust people) but it didn't feel right. I still went along with it but every question I asked, I would get a brief answer or half of what I asked. He said he'd get back with the full details and I'm still waiting. Today he hits me up asking did I get the account yet. I said no maybe this weekend. He said okay cause he told his friend about me. I said well I told my friend about it & he says it's a scam & I didn't even mention the bank account. Then he says I don't need to b telling people about it that they'll see when I make money. I asked why do I need the account for? He just skipped that question & said something else. Then he says I better not let this opportunity pass cause there's others who want it, but he's holding it for me. I said look if I dont have it by this weekend (which I'm not planning on it) then give it to someone else cause I applied for a web design job here. He said ok & signed off. I was like oook. The whole thing just sounds weird, but I'll be pissed if it is real & I do let it pass cause I do need a job. But my gut is saying hell no!

he needs to know acct name, type of acct, bank address & number and acct number. That's when I started getting a bad feeling

I would have had a bad feeling from the start when some stranger I'd never met (I assume you haven't either) asks if he can be my boyfriend! I'd suggest not setting up that account, or having any more to do with this man!

Next time you may want to ignore ANY messages from people you don't know asking for money, jobs, or companionship

lol yea I'll do that

I would have had a bad feeling from the start when some stranger I'd never met (I assume you haven't either) asks if he can be my boyfriend! I'd suggest not setting up that account, or having any more to do with this man!

I'm not setting it up & I'm not signing back on yahoo for a while. Maybe he'll forget about me

I'm not setting it up & I'm not signing back on yahoo for a while. Maybe he'll forget about me

Good stuff If he does try to message you or email you even if you are offline or whatever, don't respond. He'll soon move onto his next 'target', I'm sure. And good luck with the job hunting, I'm sure there's something legit out there for you soon!

Definitely a HUGE scam. If someone right of the bat ask you to go get a bank account and tell him all the info. major red flags. Regardless of where this person lives they shouldn't be asking that from somone. I highly doubt that there are others in line what this so called personal assistant.

I say keep looking for a job and that there is something more trustworthy and dependable. I know it's a pain to do a whole job hunting deal but, at the end it will be worth it.

He almost had me too. Like I said I figured I needed the bank account so they could deposit my check & I was only gonna put the minimum I needed to open one, but he just kept stressing I get it & when I'm gonna get it & how I'm gonna get the money. I told him I dont know I'll ask my mom and he says it's better that I get it on my own and not tell my mom then today with the I shouldnt be telling my friends about it. Like its supposed to be a big secret..thats when I was like no there's something wrong. I'll find one here in the same state & hopefully doing what I went to college for.

Definitely a HUGE scam. If someone right of the bat ask you to go get a bank account and tell him all the info. major red flags. Regardless of where this person lives they shouldn't be asking that from somone. I highly doubt that there are others in line what this so called personal assistant.

I say keep looking for a job and that there is something more trustworthy and dependable. I know it's a pain to do a whole job hunting deal but, at the end it will be worth it.

I agree- nothing to do with being from a large city -it's just a simple fact that no legitimate job offer would require you to give personal account information, much less open an account.

• 1 month later...

Archived