this is for evryone(specially shy people)

The1

As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl next to me. She was my so called "best friend". I stared at her long, silky hair, and wished she was mine. But she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. After class, she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before and handed them to her. She said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

11th grade

The phone rang. On the other end, it was her. She was in tears, mumbling on and on about how her love had broke her heart. She asked me to come over because she didn't want to be alone, so I did. As I sat next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine. After 2 hours, one Drew Barrymore movie, and threee bags of chips, she decided to go to sleep. She looked at me, said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Senior year

The day before prom she walked to my locker. "My date is sick" she said: he's not going to go well, I didn't have a date, and in 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates, we would go together as "best friends". So we did. Prom night, after everything was over, I was standing at her front door step. I stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at me with her "sparkling eyes". I want her to be mine, but she doesn't think of me like that, and I know it. Then she said, "I had the best time, thanks!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just to shy, and I don't know why.

Graduation Day

A day passed, then a week, then a month. Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't noticed me like that, and I knew it. Before everyone went home, she came to me in her smock and hat, and cried as I hugged her. Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and said, "you're my best friend, thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just to shy, and I don't know why.

A few years later

Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is getting married now. I watched her say "I do" and drove off her new life, married to another man. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't see me like that, and I knew it. But before she drove away, she came to me and said, "you came!" She said "thanks" and kissed me on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just to shy, and I don't know why.

Funeral

Years passed, I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my "best friend". At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years. This is what it read: I stare at him wishing he was mine, but he doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love him but I'm just too shy, and I..I wish I did too….I thought to myself, and I cried………

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS trully powerful, full of secrets and things to think about. Umm... that makes me thing mabey if I wasen't soooo shy I would be somewere else right now, doing something else and with another mind. If just the shyness could go away, I could be free and see and be a new person. Thanks for sharing this with us, it was really good-

What a powerful poem with emotions that far surpass what is the norm. I was truly moved by this one and it made me think also about things in my life as well. I too am a shy guy that could totally relate to this guys plight. truly inspirational and emotionally moving. I enjoyed reading it thank you!

Hubman 8)

What's wrong with you guys feeling sentimental about this story? It's sick, sad, and disturbing, I wish that sort of behaviour on NO ONE....

10000% agree

Amen to that....

Now for God sake please let there not be another guy coming in and saying that this touched them. It makes me want to repost all of my motivational anti-wuss articles back into this thread.

What's wrong with you guys feeling sentimental about this story? It's sick, sad, and disturbing, I wish that sort of behaviour on NO ONE....

I think you've missed the point of the story. Its SUPPOSED to make you realize what you are missing by not taking action and telling someone how you feel. Just because it does it in a heartstring tugging way doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. Many people respond to this although obviously you are an exception.

Don't diss other people just because it moved them.

I think you've missed the point of the story. Its SUPPOSED to make you realize what you are missing by not taking action and telling someone how you feel. Just because it does it in a heartstring tugging way doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. Many people respond to this although obviously you are an exception.

excatly ... this is really powerful and useful, how can u say that sad

Look, I'm not dissing anyone. If I didn't care I wouldn't have said anything and just let you guys continue on without any answers or guidance.

Change comes from inside of a person, not from without... Anything else that comes from outside should be a tool to make you change, and once the tool has been made part of you you can just throw out the tool because it has become insignifigant in comparison to your character.

In the light of what I have said above I will now explain the truth of the matter considering this article...

This is a good example of a story with a subjugative principle that is contrary to the real motivation that people need to succeed in their lives.

It a diagnosis of a problem, which contains no real life solutions and nothing to cause a person to change.

If a person does become motivated to change because of this story it is because of an indirect motive out of impulse. They have no control over the will to change and will lag around in their lives lost and confused because they lack the principle ingredient that would cause them to make a change in their lives.

If you still insist that this article has any amount of motivation within it, I will compromise on the truth that by subjecting yourself to this article you are doing nothing more than stroking the hands and comforting those who have wasted their lives and now lying on their death bed.