Do men really feel absolutely zero emotional attachment after sex?

alwaysmoving

partydelights,

Do not ask me to "talk to my pastor". I am not religious and not everyone is.

I desire (and have) both sex and love in my life. I see sex as being an expression of love in a LTR and I use it as such. I understand that many people do not think this way but I do. I work hard to be in the mood for sex for my partner. If he wants it, he gets it...unless I'm vomiting or quite ill. I see this as important because I feel like I can bond through sex and it's important for me to have it with my partner. I do not see sex as "selfish" unless one partner doesn't care at all about the other and ignores THEIR needs. Like having sex 1-2x a week when the partner clearly wants everyday and is "craving it". Instead of working on increasing drive/desire in themselves or letting the person find someone else more compatible, that person expects them to "deal". I consider that selfish.

I personally have not had selfish sex so I don't really know what that feels like.

It seems that you do crave more sex with your wife and I'm sorry to hear that. Your setup is not what I consider ideal but that is me. I don't believe in settling but it sounds like religion is your comfort in knowing that you have to do with less because you married with someone who doesn't fulfil your needs, but hey, if you're fine with that, good for you (I guess?). Still, it's kind of sad to see.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived