Feeling lonely, vulnerable equal to "making mistakes"?

ElizabethB

I am such a mess lately and I don't know what to do about it. I have been married for almost 10 years to my only boyfriend who I dated since my 17.

Last couple of years nothing really works. I feel lonely and unhappy. But that is no excuse for doing such a stupid things as I did for a few weeks.

This guy, who I know from work started to chat with me through internet. We never talked before. He is very attractive and it made me feel good when he said nice things about me. It did no take long for him to start talking about sex, what he would do with me and that I should come to his house. He knows I am married and he seemed innocent at the begging.

It surprised me but I liked the way it feels. I don't even know why. I guess because I felt what I don't feel with my husband anymore.

My mind is pretty messed up over his crazy imaginations about us.

I can't stop thinking about him and I know it is wrong.

I know he wants just warm body while I could fall for him.

I was thinking about writing him once again and tell him how I feel and that I am not one night stand and never will be.

What should I do?

To me, you have two options:

1) Get off the internet, stop talking to that dude and start looking for another job. Once you find that other job, you should look for a marriage councillor. Your marriage is in some very serious trouble at the moment and you need to figure out (together if possible, alone if not) why you are feeling the way you are, what is broken and how to fix it.

2) Get off the internet, stop talking to that dude, hire a lawyer and file for divorce. Once the divorce goes through, you will be a single woman free to do what you please.

Doing anything other than these two options is a bad, bad move. Take the high road and either fix or leave your marriage. Do you really want to be a liar and a cheater??? Think about the implications for that...

You either need a councillor or a lawyer - your choice.

Archived