I want to break up with him. He blackmails me to give to the court

PrettyGood

Ok, it's a post, which could require a legal authorities advice, but maybe you can also advise me something.

My boyfriend lives in another country and he wanted to celebrate Christmas and New Years with him. I told him that I don't have any money to buy myself flight ticket. So he paid for 2 tickets - forth and back. But later he cheated on me and now I want to break up with him. I don't want to fly to him.

He asked me to return him money for those tickets. I don't have them. The flight company rules say that "tax only refund possible" for Economy class tickets. I can cancel those tickets and they would return him taxes. But it would be only a small part of his payments. And he's very serious about getting back the whole sum. It seems that now he's manipulating me by using a blackmailing, just because now he's so sure that I will come as he planned if I don't want to return him money. I feel used and abused. I'm afraid that he will create me a criminal case at the court accusing me as a thief who stole his money. Can he do that? Would he win? And what should I do in this case?

LOL. Oh, you do thrive on the drama, don't you, girlie? lol

He's not going to sue you, and he has no case. How is he blackmailing you, though?

Why are you still communicating with him? He's back with his GF, so be done with him. Block his phone calls, texts, and emails, and just move on.

He bought them, which means the ticketing counter probably has the tickets.

He should be able to cancel them himself - the transaction itself would be under his information, just with yours for pickup.

Tell him you have no intention of using the tickets, and he can deal with the airline to see if they might exchange them for tickets he can use if not get a refund. Since it was his card information or cash that was used, only he can do that.

Dear Mesemene, I just don't want to talk to him anymore. I want to cancel those flights, they would return his taxes and that would be done. Forever. I'm not gonna deal with his infidelities more. I'm just afraid that he could sue me for 'stealing' his full money 'knowing that I won't fly' (even if I had no clue about upcoming betrayal).

He bought them, which means the ticketing counter probably has the tickets.

He should be able to cancel them himself - the transaction itself would be under his information, just with yours for pickup.

Tell him you have no intention of using the tickets, and he can deal with the airline to see if they might exchange them for tickets he can use if not get a refund. Since it was his card information or cash that was used, only he can do that.

THIS. Only HE can cancel the tickets and the sooner he does that, the more chance he has of a refund, or a partial refund. He should know this, as it's all his card information etc. The sooner he cancels, the better.

Send him back the tickets. Send them certified mail/registered so you know he got them. He can't take you to court for money if he bought the tickets and they were never used. Anyway, most airlines won't give you a refund but will allow a flight to be rescheduled. Guess he should think about things before he lets his eyes and pants wander.

Archived