He's vanished - please help!!

Rhia1978

Honestly Rhia, I think you're being way too easy on him. I understand how depressed someone can become in a period of financial hardship, but you are making too many excuses for him.

You were so upset about this incident. Go back and read this entire thread. Read your posts about how you weren't going to accept any off his bull, any of his excuses. But now that he's back, you're just eating it up out of the palm of his hand. He didn't even attempt to explain anything, either. His message could have literally been translated into, "Hey Rhia, I know I've been MIA for a long time. I'm sniffing around to see if you've waited around for me to come back, and if you have, it'd be awesome if you didn't ask questions about why I was gone. It's 'complicated stuff'."

You're being taken for a fool, here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His message could have literally been translated into, "Hey Rhia, I know I've been MIA for a long time. I'm sniffing around to see if you've waited around for me to come back, and if you have, it'd be awesome if you didn't ask questions about why I was gone. It's 'complicated stuff'."

Basically... completely crappy excuse for an apology. I strongly suspect that (1) his friends have been covering for him the whole time, and (2) that they finally urged him to send something since OP had begun pestering them about his whereabouts.

Hi Rhia,

I've had to re-read the thread as forgot what actually happened. Oops.

IMO I think you're making up too many excuses for this man. He hasn't spoken to you in like 3 weeks?! What the heck?! 3 weeks is a long time in the dating world....unless he was seriously ill and honestly couldn't get in contact, then I'd be kicking his ass out the door.

I'm sorry if what I said sounded harsh but I just don't want to see you get hurt.

I also suspect his friends have been asked to keep quiet about him too, and are probably covering for his disappearence.

Archived