My boyfriend said "I love you to his ex"

My boyfriend said "I love you" to his ex while we were together. I found out because I saw he had been calling her at all hours of the night on his cell phone. So I called his ex to confront her and she said he said "I love you" to her everytime they got off the phone. I broke up with him for 2 months now we are back together. I have a hard time knowing that he still has feelings for his ex and that they still talk but I love him so we are back together. Should I put it behind me or be very causious? Also, I have less feelings for him since this incident is it unfair for me to get back with him when my feelings are less? Also, when I broke up he said he didn't love me like he used to and that I was better off. But how could his feelings change in just two months? Am I thinking too much?

Thanks,

Confused

Thinking too much .. nahhhh never. You should let him go if he is still in love with his ex. There will always be complications if he is. If yall have a fight who does he run too? If you answered his ex let hgim go now before you have even more feelings for him.

Hello Confusedgirl.

Your feelings for him have changed because you have lost some trust in him thats understandable. after all, he was trying to make up with his ex behind your back.

My feeling is (based on what you wrote) that he is just using you as a security net, someone to have until someone else comes along, by him telling you he doesnt feel the same towards you, thats his way of saying, dont get your hopes up baby by thinking I am alll yours and will be yours forever.

He hasnt let go of his ex, and is probably using you to get to her, its sux i know, maybe i am wrong, but i think your being used, you deserve better treatment, your boyfriend should make you the center of his attention and be honest and dedicated to you.

He was over seas in Hawaii and we had been apart for one year. The pressure was on both of us the last month he was there and I told him if he didn't start being like he used to that I was going to leave him. I think I was getting lonely and I was a little selfish. When he came home I thougt everything was going to be better, but he was really standoffish so I know that there was something up! That is when I started digging and I found out about him and his ex and broke up with him. I think we have come a long way but I don't think she wanted him back and that is the reason I think he is back with me. I guess she was the second choice to begin with because he never called her for almost 2 years until I said I was leaving him on the phone. But, now I am second choice and it doesn't really feel good! Only time will tell but he wants to move in together and I am not sure I want to move that fast ya know...